Charlie Chat Caps & Bytes

--Regarding the "Charlie Ergen is dumb" comment: a quick check of the internet shows that Charlie has a BA degree from Univ. of TN, an MBA from Wake Forest, and 5 kids. Oh, and according to Forbes, $9.5 billion. I like the fact he's got 5 kids, he can support them.

I guess we don't have to worry about Wake's MBA program cracking Business Week's Top 20 ranking anytime soon.

I guess we don't have to worry about Wake's MBA program cracking Business Week's Top 20 ranking anytime soon.

Wake Forest has a good academic reputation. Whether they are in the Top 20 in anyone's rankings is theirs to worry about, if they care to. For all I know, they're already there. It will be interesting to see if Ergen subsequently endows a chair in Economics at Wake. He's more likely to do so at U.T., since he seems to be a real Big Orange fan.:D

Regards,
Fitzie

Wow, can you send the rest of us the recipe for that Kool-Aid cocktail you were drinking, and tell us whatever shade of glasses you were wearing? ;)

We can try it for the next Charlie Chat.

Sure, I'll be happy to!

Take one part common sense, mix it with a dash of perspective, add the contents of one green bottle and a shot of something that mixes well with cream, and things go fairly well. Glasses are optional, but rose is preferred.

The common sense comes from the fact that the imminent launch of Ciel-2 had to be on their minds, and they weren't about to make the same mistakes they made when AMC-14 didn't make it. Charlie and his whole crew were sober, sober, sober--in fact, somewhat sombre. The perspective is that this is just about TV, after all, and I already have about 600G's of programming stored on an EHD that I haven't had time to watch. And the liquid refreshment is just what I prefer: your tastes could easily differ.

Somewhat more seriously, I look first for information on the Chat; if no information is forthcoming, I look then for entertainment. With Cuban, Bartiroma, et al, I thought the show was as entertaining as it needed to be. I had to laugh about the fact there were so many guests the show ran a little long!:)

Best regards, and happy holidays to all.
Fitzie

They're not.

So where is the Wake business school ranked? According to Wikipedia, "in the top 50" of rankings by Business Week and several others.

The Wikipedia article (subset, Babcock School) also noted a relationship with Echostar whereby interns are sometimes placed there. Seems as though Mr. Ergen is maintaining his old school ties. He made the list of prominent graduates.:) I had forgotten that Wake Forest University is actually located in Winston-Salem, having relocated there in the mid-fifties from Wake Forest (the town) as a result of a major gift from R.J. Reynolds.

Regards,
Fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)