Charlie Chat Caps & Bytes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Charlie was ranting about cheap price comparisons to cable.

Coming next Charlie Chat.... Charlie announces price increases with new national HD. Those with grandfathered HD Absolute will see their bills double just to get the 5-10 new national channels. ;)

Joy... according to Engadget HD, Comcast networks are adding E! HD, Style HD and G4 HD

Well I would hope so, since they own them! :D

Glad to see it wasn't just me blackballed from the chat. BTW, Vista Ultimate with Firefox 3. (Though I tried IE too and got the same thing.)

Hmmm...didn't see anyone mention the most interesting part...a couple of Fox logos on that list.

I know that graphic doesn't mean anything, just like the ones last March didn't all pan out. But I think this graphic is pretty telling...

EVERY Viacom logo- including 2 that still don't exist.
PLUS a generic Showtime logo
Nothing else but 2 Fox logos. (I don't believe any Fox logos were shown in March.)

My bet...Viacom and Showtime are a done deal.

The fact that only 2 Fox channels are shown makes me think that those are the only two he wants, at least in the short term. Maybe he worked out a way to make it happen, or maybe he's just trying to pressure them.

DISH really made a strong push with HD premiums this year, adding HD to every package but Showtime. They've also been running specials on every package but Showtime. I'm betting that they kissed and made up. I also bet that those 7 TMP channels are intended to be Showtime:West, 2, Showcase, Extreme, Beyond, TMC-E, TMCX-E.

He's probably holding off on Viacom until the package changes happen. They will be a good carrot to get grandfathered HD Absolute subscribers to move up to a more expensive Turbo package. I can't remember...does that mean he has to wait until Jan 1st, or February ??

The Fox channels might be done too, just waiting until after that deadline to make sure HD Absolute doesn't get it.

I know Ciel-2 IS a factor, but conveniently, it works in Charlie's favor to screw the HD Absolutes.

Last edited:
Hmmm...didn't see anyone mention the most interesting part...a couple of Fox logos on that list.

I know that graphic doesn't mean anything, just like the ones last March didn't all pan out. But I think this graphic is pretty telling...

EVERY Viacom logo- including 2 that still don't exist.
PLUS a generic Showtime logo
Nothing else but 2 Fox logos. (I don't believe any Fox logos were shown in March.)

My bet...Viacom and Showtime are a done deal.

Possible. Another thought I had: Maybe he is dropping some subtle hints to Viacom. As those logos were up, he was talking about how he didn't want to add a bunch of upconverts. Viacom is the worst offender there, with several "HD" networks that existed over a year before showing 1 HD. Perhaps a message? Also, he may be hinting we also wants to talk when Comedy Cental and BET become available.

Another telling thing: the March graphic had a few Rainbow Media networks. Now, nothing from them. Perhaps an indication things have completely broken down over Voom.

DISH really made a strong push with HD premiums this year, adding HD to every package but Showtime. They've also been running specials on every package but Showtime. I'm betting that they kissed and made up. I also bet that those 7 TMP channels are intended to be Showtime:West, 2, Showcase, Extreme, Beyond, TMC-E, TMCX-E.

As a non premium sub, that would feel like a kick in the face. That more than any possibility might make me done with Dish.

He's probably holding off on Viacom until the package changes happen. They will be a good carrot to get grandfathered HD Absolute subscribers to move up to a more expensive Turbo package. I can't remember...does that mean he has to wait until Jan 1st, or February ??

The Fox channels might be done too, just waiting until after that deadline to make sure HD Absolute doesn't get it.

I know Ciel-2 IS a factor, but conveniently, it works in Charlie's favor to screw the HD Absolutes.

That also what I'm thinking. If I got Comedy Central, Spike, and E! (not to mention my RSN, which I know I will get with Turbo) that might be enough of a carrot to get me to jump.

msnbc-hd

During the chat, they said that during the year they added MSNBC-HD.?
When did that happen as i dont receive that hd channel, and i get every other hd channel. I assumed that was a mistake and would be corrected during the show, but i didnt hear a correction. Did anyone else hear a correction or does dish actually have msnbc-hd?
Thanks

I really think that part of the chat is really rigged. The one person who got through to actually ask a question had nothing but compliments about how great the service is and how they love DISH network. An obvious plug for the company to try to retain people. Throw in that it was a female, when I really doubt most women care about their service as much as men.

Then the email questions were from such people as "Bruno" and "Dirk"?

Has anyone actually gotten through in the last 2 Charlie Chats to actually be entered in to the prize drawing? This time they only had about 20 minutes of the phone lines being open. When I called I got the same thing I got the last time, one ring and then a busy tone.

Finally, what was all the talk about how great the quality of their HD was? How it was 1080i. Then Charlie pretty much said they pass along the signal at the same resolution that they get it, when we know somewhere along the line they change it slightly.

When did that happen as i dont receive that hd channel, and i get every other hd channel. I assumed that was a mistake and would be corrected during the show, but i didnt hear a correction. Did anyone else hear a correction or does dish actually have msnbc-hd?
Thanks

Just more proof Charlie and Jim have no idea what is going on with the company anymore. Dish does not have MSNBC HD.

Thanks

I heard that. They meant CNBC-HD. They're idiots.

Then the email questions were from such people as "Bruno" and "Dirk"?

Yes, Dirk is my first name. No, those questions were not from me (or from anyone else who is a regular here I'm sure). Strangely, Bruno is my brother-in-law's name, but that question wasn't from him either. He is a DirecTV sub.

They dooo Have MSNBC-HD it is on channel SOON!

Also what about the question where you can record directly on your EHD when did that happen? I thought you could not do that. You had to record to ur unit then transfer.

My favorite part was when they said they are in discussion with all channels that broadcast in HD and then ammended it to those channels who broadcast 24 hours in HD and not just in upconvert. WFN doesn't even bother upconverting yet it is one of their proudest accomplishments!

Thanks dfergie for posting the screen caps etc. and saving me from the brain damage of watching those two guys fumble around on camera.

Talon Dancer

This is my first post due to the fact I normally just "lurk" - I seem to learn more by keeping my "mouth" shut.

Regarding the "Chat" last night. I have been in business for over 30 years and am well aware of how your customers needs and demands change. One thing that has remained constant is the knowledge of your products or services - your customers expect an answer when a question is asked. We all have our stories to tell regarding the CSR's, but someone in a higher level or more especially in an Executive position should never expose themselves to the public with no more knowledge than was displayed on this program.

The general customer base may not watch this program and the Company is probably in a less vulnerable position if they don't watch. I watched last night for the first time and was absolutely shocked by how unprepared and unprofessional they seemed. It is bound to be "different" knowing you are in front of a live camera, but being nervous is not the same thing as being uninformed of your product/services.

That's my 2 cents worth...

dlsnyder, I meant no disrespect on those comments. I hope it didn't come across as that.

So, has anyone actually gotten through in the last 2 Charlie Chats to actually be entered in to the prize drawing? I have to think that there's not a large portion of their audience that even knows about the chats ahead of time. If they do know about it, it is probably because of this site and other internet sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts