Charlie Chat for Sept.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Scheduled for 8 PM cst on Sept 11. Hopefully will find out some good news

I'm sure this one will have a moment of silence and american flags everywhere.

I expect nothing new to come out: no resolution for Distants and quick BS lines about DVRs/Tivo and more coming soons for the 622...

And they will brag about FoodHD. C'mon charlie, prove me wrong, I dare you!

dfergie said:
What I would like to hear would be... all HD channels will be back up to Full Bit rate and resolution...

Why would they do that? They will not even admit they are doing it. I have been writing back and forth with Tech Support and CEO@ and being told that I must have a poor signal strength(which I do because I have a Dish 1000 in California) and/or poor grounding.

A direct quote from an email I received, "DISH Network has not reduced the bit rate of any of our HD programming."

In the same email they state that NFLHD is only available for VIP receivers. I guess they forgot about the free preview..Oops!!!

dfergie said:
Actually my non Vip receivers have not seen a hint of Nfl HD either... I have a poor signal from my dish 1000 and it is dedicated to 129 .... my recent rains have shown that.

Have you looked on the free preview channels? I believe it is 287. It is a free preview until the 6th of NFL HD. They put it on the same transponder as HDNET Movies and decreaesed the resolution and bit rate. You missed out on about 5 or 6 HD pre-season games.

dfergie said:
What I would like to hear would be... all HD channels will be back up to Full Bit rate and resolution...
Dish would have to merge with D* in order to do that. Other wise maybe drop the voom channels. Available transponder space is long gone to make all HD (and HD LiL) full bit rate and resolution.

I'm doubting we will see mpeg4 ready for primetime until 2008 or 2009. Ready for primetime meaning full rez 1920x1080 compressed to 6mbit/s. Thus allowing for >3 full rez channels per transponder.

*EDIT*: and I see E* having a no or very minimum new HD year in 2007 until that happens. Sorta like 2006 for D*. Their 2007 should be like E* 2006. Lots of new channels.

Last edited:
Charlie will tell us that he's adding locals to burnt cactus, Arizona or Nowheresville, Montana
he'll have some hollywood star on a cable network that nobody watches for 20+ minutes
somebody will ask about cc auto pay
someone will ask when will I see ______________ (and it probably will be a international channel)

and thats about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)