Charlie Chat for Sept.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There's no way they'll turn off the DVRs -- they'd lose hundreds of thousands of subs overnight.

Dish will work out something with the Tivo folks. Like giving them money -- a licensing fee for the use of their software -- and then push a huge update out to the DVRs that gives Dish subs virtually full Tivo functionality. Then Chuckie raises the average sub bill by $5 a month to recover the licensing fee.

At any rate, this might actually be an informative Charlie Chat.

riffjim4069 said:
Sorry, but my ViP622 blows the HD Tivo out of the water.

Genius, the HD Tivo is several versions behind their latest. Outside of D*'s hardware it actually runs pretty well. Though I'm a bit perturbed by Tivo's need to stifle the market so they can stay in business.

I've seen it run outside of D* boxes and I would have to place the Tivo software behind both Dish Network (942, 622) and ReplayTV. However, I must admit that Tivo is better than the free TV Guide On Screen software that came with my Sony HD DVR.

Anyway, the Tivo comment was made tongue-in-cheek. You really shouldn't be so sensitive about such things.;)

David Dietzel said:
At any rate, this might actually be an informative Charlie Chat.

There's a first. LOL!

I want nothing to do with Tivo's clunky software on my 625. I don't think I could put up with Tivo. I would consider leaving Dish Network for Mediacom. (Putting up with DirecTV would be worse than putting up with Tivo, so that's a no-go.)

alexgmny said:
I hope he mentions that some new HD channels will be up soon (RSN, MTVHD, A&E HD, etc).

He won't mention any new channels, because they can't talk about things they are making agreements about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts