Charlie Chat HD

Not sure what show you have in Cincinnati, Tony, but the few times I did live remote as part of a team, we used the cable company's fiber network to the TV station about 17 miles away. Wasn't a show but could have been. We did live standup 30 second spot inserts at a car dealership to one of the TV station's 6PM news commercial breaks. I was principal camera and had two second and third cams under my direction. I don't know why the producers chose that as the station had microwave remote trucks, but maybe they were news dept and what we did, while on the news, were a part of the advertising dept, and couldn't tie up a truck for the spots. Wasn't my part of it anyway. In those days the dealerships had the ad budgets. Stuff like that because of the theme had to be done live, but most shows like Charlie chats, doing it live, IMO, was a waste of money. The TV-Shopper and FYI TV Network were two shows that the producer and owner originally did live and after I went to work for him as his tech director I took the show offline and cut his technical expense to 25%. Plus, the way we did the shows on location improved our results so much we had more business than we could handle and had a waiting list to get airtime.

Y'all really want to know what happened to CC? Simple...too many satguys made it past their screeners, and backed Charlie into a corner with questions that he didn't want to answer. He really only wanted questions like, "Can I sign up for a 2 years contract, and do you have a way for me to auto pay". :D

Y'all really want to know what happened to CC? Simple...too many satguys made it past their screeners, and backed Charlie into a corner with questions that he didn't want to answer. He really only wanted questions like, "Can I sign up for a 2 years contract, and do you have a way for me to auto pay". :D
So, Scott saying that his appearance on the last Charlie Chat being the death of it was much closer to the truth than he's letting on. ;)

dahenny said:

I have never seen a guy who started a satellite company have so many wrong answers to questions asked. I guess that's why I liked to watch it, to see what charlie was gonna screw up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Without the chats anymore, DISH Network does not seem as a nice cozy family like they used to. The Charlie Chats used to be fun to watch.

As far as upgrading the studio equipment to HD. The amount of money DISH Network pisses away on advertising and other expenses, the costs to do the Chats in HD is a drop in the bucket.

Without the chats anymore, DISH Network does not seem as a nice cozy family like they used to. The Charlie Chats used to be fun to watch.

As far as upgrading the studio equipment to HD. The amount of money DISH Network pisses away on advertising and other expenses, the costs to do the Chats in HD is a drop in the bucket.

Claude, I concur. I miss Charlie and felt confident with his dissemination of information to customers like me. But, things change.

I have never seen a guy who started a satellite company have so many wrong answers to questions asked. I guess that's why I liked to watch it, to see what charlie was gonna screw up.

Yeah, you could hear everyone else in the room cringe sometimes, or the deafening silence when they were trying to come up with a correct answer without contradicting something Charlie had just said.

The cozy family feeling was gone before the charlie chats ended. Kind of hard to connect with the customers when things advanced from something unique and special as it once was to something mainstream and more about the profits. The technology is not so new anymore so it is not as special anymore in that aspect. On top of that the internet such as this website proves to be much better at getting information than the Charlie Chats. They were fun to watch when they first came out. You could tell the pride that he had in his baby, Dish Network. As time went on that pride seemed to dwindle away.

Nah, they'd just put on the filters. Ever watch the ABC World News with Diane Sawyer? I have moved to Scott Pelley on CBS because ABC looks so bad.....

I see the filter at work on the View as well on ABC. When Barbara Walter is on, the lens is smeared like vasoline when they show her up close. The other women look clear as a bell . To me they all look best at a distance.;)

I see the filter at work on the View as well on ABC. When Barbara Walter is on, the lens is smeared like vasoline when they show her up close. The other women look clear as a bell . To me they all look best at a distance.;)

lmaooooooooo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts