Charlie Chat Monday Night

I would like to see them answer a question about what they're doing for all the customers they SCREWED out of the newly added HD by putting it on a satellite we don't have. And why they're CHARGING us to get something they are giving to others at no charge.

THAT's what I want to see in this Charlie Chat

+1.

It was kind of neat helping Dish test out the Skype connection. We went into video mode and got a tour of the Charlie Chat studio. :)

Thanks to DISH Network for informing SatelliteGuys of this special opportunity long before they made the info available on their own Twitter account.

SatelliteGuys Rules! :)

I would like to see them answer a question about what they're doing for all the customers they SCREWED out of the newly added HD by putting it on a satellite we don't have. And why they're CHARGING us to get something they are giving to others at no charge.

THAT's what I want to see in this Charlie Chat

If Charlie ever deigns to address that issue he'll probably feign deep concern, mumble something about there being a glitch that affects the infamous "small" number of subscribers and mention that Dish is working diligently to help those people address the situation. Because Charlie and dish care. :)

If Charlie ever addresses the issue, he'll have to ask two or three other people before he figures out what you're talking about. The number of technical mistakes he's been making lately is ridiculous.

If Charlie ever addresses the issue, he'll have to ask two or three other people before he figures out what you're talking about. The number of technical mistakes he's been making lately is ridiculous.

Hey, look, everyone's got a specialty. Charlie's is running a big business and making money. I don't blame him for not knowing all the technical details, although, frankly, you just have to be able to spell satelite (oops! satellite) to know about this particular issue.

Especially with the question pre-screening I'm sure he'll be reading off a teleprompter or set of notes prepared for him by those who do know, properly modified by his PR people.

This is the new Charlie Chat PPV at 5 dollars an hour this is a real deal. At Dish we care to take as much of your hard earned dollars as we can. Dish new slogan you have extra cash we are the one and only place to put it.

LOL

Yeah good luck. I just had Time Warner cable installed on Saturday (at no charge!) and will be cancelling my contract for $30. Still saved $65. :)

I took over a week off from work, hours upon hours on the phone being the teacher to hundreds of people from around the world about Charlie NOT releasing the recent 9 national HD channels on 61.5 and how to resolve this issue! Plus, I had 11 dishnetwork techs out to my house, including manages on the phone that I screamed at about it! I didn’t start out screaming, I was a pleasant and happy customer but when they did not know the answer, I became the teacher. Then, when they did NOT want to hear what I was saying, I became one angry mother effer! And everyone made me feel like I was the idiot, like I was the one in left field while everyone was at home plate. While all along, I (the customer) knew more than any of them combined! The only reason it finally was resolved, the onsite tech did a favor for me! When I showed him it actually worked.... It all made sense to him!

I lost over a thousand dollars from missed work and all Dishnetwork can do is give me $20 credit?!?!?!? I'm paying over $200 a month for service, I've been with the company for over 6 years, and I am treated like a completely idiot! Charlie and Dishnetwork owes me an answer!

Last edited:
I took over a week off from work, hours upon hours on the phone being the teacher to hundreds of people from around the world about Charlie NOT releasing the recent 9 national HD channels on 61.5 and how to resolve this issue! Plus, I had 11 dishnetwork techs out to my house, including manages on the phone that I screamed at about it! I didn’t start out screaming, I was a pleasant and happy customer but when they did not know the answer, I became the teacher. Then, when they did NOT want to hear what I was saying, I became one angry mother effer! And everyone made me feel like I was the idiot, like I was the one in left field while everyone was at home plate. While all along, I (the customer) knew more than any of them combined! The only reason it finally was resolved, the onsite tech did a favor for me! When I showed him it actually worked.... It all made sense to him!

I lost over a thousand dollars from missed work and all Dishnetwork can do is give me $20 credit?!?!?!? I'm paying over $200 a month for service, I've been with the company for over 6 years, and I am treated like a completely idiot! Charlie and Dishnetwork owes me an answer!

Not one explanation of what you were right about and what they were wrong about.

Short version... keep up: 110/119/61.5 customers did not get the channels because they decided to release the channels on 129 and 77. Either convert to eastern arc or add 129. Since eastern arc cannot be installed at my house, just needed to add 129. I am not going to far into the entire situation because this is not the time and place. I'm saving up my energy for Charlie!

Short version... keep up: 110/119/61.5 customers did not get the channels because they decided to release the channels on 129 and 77. Either convert to eastern arc or add 129. Since eastern arc cannot be installed at my house, just needed to add 129. I am not going to far into the entire situation because this is not the time and place. I'm saving up my energy for Charlie!

i feel your pain...since we both live in delaware i am sure we had had the same techs out to our homes that week...it took me 4 visits and about 15 phone calls. They kept telling me there was no 129 sat. Very frustrating...

Over a week off work, $1000, 11 techs, you screamed and became and angry MF. I know customer service can be bad, but I'd love to hear the other side of the story from the phone support and the tech support.

Over a week off work, $1000, 11 techs, you screamed and became and angry MF. I know customer service can be bad, but I'd love to hear the other side of the story from the phone support and the tech support.

I have a masters degree in child psychology. Believe me, my recorded telephone calls were very funny. When I become angry, I'm funny as crap. I just have to laugh at the entire situation thus far.

Life goes on, but again.... this company should answer to its own customers.

why can't it

Why again is it EA can't be installed at your place?

Just saw a banner on CNBC that says "Google tests TV search program on Dish Network - WSJ...New Google search works on TV set top boxes, searches TV, Web - WSJ". Could be part of 922 announcement tonight?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)