Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
What an interesting month it has been from Dish Network, from a lot more new HD content all the way to yesterdays appeals court decission in the TIVO suit.

I am sure Dish Network CEO Charlie Ergen will have a lot more to say about these things on Monday Night's Charlie Chat!

Dish Network will be trying something new on Monday Night and you will have the ability to Skype into the show with your calls. (yes you can be seen on the Charlie Chat!)

I will place a button on our homepage on Monday Night that will allow you to Skype with Charlie and Jim live on the air! So get those webcams and mics ready for Monday Nights Charlie Chat! :)

To Skype with Charlie and Jim add "dishnetworkstudio" to your Skype Contact List.

Have Skype Installed? Then CLICK on the Skype Logo Above to add the DishNetworkStudio to your Skype Contact List!
(Note: the above botton does not work on Firefox)

Don't forget our chat room will be open as well. Its not a Charlie Chat without out a SatelliteGuys Charlie Chat... Chat!​

See you here Monday Night at 9PM ET / 6PM PT

Last edited:
Outrageously OT: Why does Dish broadcast these events in what appears to be a 768k bitrate? Seriously, it makes my eyes water.

It doesn't look like that when it comes out of the camera. HD cameras are cheap, and they already own the production equipment,, but if they wanted to push an fake-HD feed, they could buy a line doubler and an anamorphic lense...but that's not what I'm asking for. I just want them to bump the bitrate of the feed they already use a little (like, double). SD MPEG2 or 4 looks just fine if you're not trying to suck it down a swizzle stick.

Remember they want your VIDEO questions via Skype! So please add dishnetworkstudio to your Skype contact list now so that they can accept your invatation on Skype! Don't wait until Monday night to add them.

Thanks! :)

I would like to see them answer a question about what they're doing for all the customers they SCREWED out of the newly added HD by putting it on a satellite we don't have. And why they're CHARGING us to get something they are giving to others at no charge.

THAT's what I want to see in this Charlie Chat

And remember...the "Charlie Chat" is free viewing if you watch it on your PRIMARY receiver. However in conjunction with the February price increase and starting with this Monday's "Charlie Chat", a $5 charge will appear on your next bill if you watch "Charlie Chat" on one of your additional receivers. Additionally, there will be a $2 DVR fee if you record it -- but this is still a better value than PPV or VOD.

:D Eric :D

Gotta laugh. I added dishnetworkstudio to my Skype contact list a few minutes ago and shortly afterwards they were online and asking me if I had a question for Monday. Said yep, and asked why existing subs who have Gold/Plat HD are still paying the additional $10 for Platinum HD if it doesn't exist anymore.. We'll see if Charlie steps up.:cool:

Remember they want your VIDEO questions via Skype! So please add dishnetworkstudio to your Skype contact list now so that they can accept your invatation on Skype! Don't wait until Monday night to add them.

Thanks! :)
Just added them and they came back with do I have a question. I mentioned my rate increase for multiple receivers. Told them I will contact them before the show.

Will someone please ask why they present it as only one DVR fee now, but the DVR boxes cost $3 more per month?

Also I am sure someone will ask, but try for a 922 release date. Thanks.

And remember...the "Charlie Chat" is free viewing if you watch it on your PRIMARY receiver. However in conjunction with the February price increase and starting with this Monday's "Charlie Chat", a $5 charge will appear on your next bill if you watch "Charlie Chat" on one of your additional receivers. Additionally, there will be a $2 DVR fee if you record it -- but this is still a better value than PPV or VOD.

:D Eric :D

Scott - please add the "rep" system to SatelliteGuys, so we can give "rep" points to great posts like Eric's.

His post perfectly explains what the fees look like to customers...

OK, I signed in yesterday as well. And, yep, the guy came online and asked if I had a question to present on the show. I told him that I would let him know later. This should be very interesting.

Only softball questions will get on the chat, their favorite how to setr up CC autopay.........

one wouldnt want charlie to look bad..........

Gotta laugh. I added dishnetworkstudio to my Skype contact list a few minutes ago and shortly afterwards they were online and asking me if I had a question for Monday. Said yep, and asked why existing subs who have Gold/Plat HD are still paying the additional $10 for Platinum HD if it doesn't exist anymore.. We'll see if Charlie steps up.:cool:

Call them and they immediately credit your account for the charges. I did, Took just 5 minutes. I wish people asked good questions since questions like that are already known to anyone who is a regular here on satellite guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)