Charlie Chat Recap 3-09-09

Originally Posted by jeffmwknight
Did they say what package ShowcaseHD would be on or is it a premium channel?

:confused: Showcase is part of Showtime of course.

Didn't know that Showcase was a premium channel and part of Showtime! You learn something new every day!
Plus... I don't get Showtime anyway!:D

Last edited:
Did you guys notice how Charlie said that they base their new channel additions on customers clamoring for them (he said they keep track of them somehow). And then he said BET Jazz was one of the most requested HD channels... Really?... Which one of you guys have that on your want list?... I mean, it didn't even exist yet, but it was really one of the most requested?... Hmmm... :rolleyes:

The idea that TONS of people are requesting BET Jazz HD, and that is why they are adding it is straight out laughable. By that logic, why hasn't Fox News HD been added to the TurboHD packs?

Come on, I would bet my life that more people have requested Fox News HD in the Turbo packs than have requested BET Jazz HD

More Upcoming National HD Channels!
NickHD
ComedyCentralHD
MTVHD
VH1HD
CMTHD
BETHD
SpikeHD

So if I am looking at the above channels correctly ... the only one not in the BronzeHD package would be BETHD ... correct?

Edit:

Assuming these channels (all but BETHD of course) get added to TurboHD Bronze ... for $39.99 the DDA TurboHD Bronze package is looking real attractive to me right now ...

charlie should have negotiated contracts with speed and fx when he signed the hd contracts with foxnews ans fbc!!! Bad business practices, would have saved him money in the long run.

So if I am looking at the above channels correctly ... the only one not in the BronzeHD package would be BETHD ... correct?

Edit:

Assuming these channels (all but BETHD of course) get added to TurboHD Bronze ... for $39.99 the DDA TurboHD Bronze package is looking real attractive to me right now ...
Yep Looks that way. Thats a great value IMO. Better then the Turbos.
And Atleast $10 less then D* Choice pack and HD. Even Nicer!

Charlie he needs a speech lesson… gets bore after a few sec listing he talks most the talk eh,ah op b d hiccups and B.s,SPIT IT OUT!!

I bet he can write in something resembling proper English, though.

I love how you took the time to pick out a special font for your post. It's like putting Christmas Lights on a dog turd.

Does this suggest that the MTV agreement does not include Logo or that it was just not announced?

Still no mention of Viacom's LOGO becoming available on Dish?

I've long had hope that Logo would show up on Dish but I'm really beginning to believe that we will never see Logo on Dish.

Queers United: Is Dish Network Anti-Gay?

It should be noted that Dish does indeed offer HereTV but now only through the Dish Online service which requires a high speed internet connection to download the program to your DVR's disk with a per episode/program fee. No live programming. It should also be noted that even when Dish previously offered HereTV as an actual channel they always charged each show as a Pay-Per-View where all other carriers (that I'm aware of) charged it as a premium channel with a standard monthly fee (around $10) for unlimited viewing.

Considering it has been almost 4 years since Logo launched (June 2005) and Dish still refuses to carry it even tho' it is an often requested channel means there is something evil at work in Dish headquarters.

Seriously...just because Dish doesn't offer some niche channel, doesn't mean they have anything against gay people. SPEED HD is an often requested channel too; so does it mean Charlie is Anti-HD-Racing? LOL

I've long had hope that Logo would show up on Dish but I'm really beginning to believe that we will never see Logo on Dish.

Queers United: Is Dish Network Anti-Gay?

It should be noted that Dish does indeed offer HereTV but now only through the Dish Online service which requires a high speed internet connection to download the program to your DVR's disk with a per episode/program fee. No live programming. It should also be noted that even when Dish previously offered HereTV as an actual channel they always charged each show as a Pay-Per-View where all other carriers (that I'm aware of) charged it as a premium channel with a standard monthly fee (around $10) for unlimited viewing.

Considering it has been almost 4 years since Logo launched (June 2005) and Dish still refuses to carry it even tho' it is an often requested channel means there is something evil at work in Dish headquarters.

We shall see by April 1st, when all the other Viacom channels are added. Maybe Charlie didn't want to say anything on the air except in the press release being sent to Wall Street on 4-1-09

For now, you can catch LOGO's "RuPaul's Drag Race" every Tuesday night on VH1 and GayUSA (weekly news program) on Free Speech TV

Freespeech TV: Video Library

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)