Charlie Chat Recap 6/9/08

What's frustrating is seeing a bunch of DMAs getting HD launches that rank below yours which doesn't have HD launched nor is even on any list for doing so any time soon. I do get the locals OTA in HD so I'll survive without them being on the bird. I would like to see a settlement with Fox so we can get FX HD and Speed HD online.

I liked the team of Charlie and Eric, the show seemed to move a lot more smoothly and seemed more professional. With Jim and Charlie its more a folksy type chat that seems to have no rhyme or reason.

I personally would like to see Charlie and Eric in the future then Jim (no offense to Jim) but Eric just seemed to give the show more zip.

Only thing missing from the show that was needed was a visit from Leslie Harper.

yes the show was a lot better with eric instead of jim.

Devoting a whole spot for this WFN dude lol...Gotta love the 722 skip feature!

I was real happy to hear the new WFNHD show comming in August, which means I'll be able to watch that channel for the next few months:p

It was better seein fishin in the limelight than 3 people who complained about Voom

10 minutes of the WFN fruitcake guy was enough to keep me from ever watching that channel.

But then again, the quick clips they showed from other WFN programming did show women wearing bikinis ...

I'm expecting a lot of good karma now, as I gave up the Chat Room prize of a 211X from DishStore during the Charlie Chat last night. It would have sat in a box in my basement. But I suppose I could have sold it on eBay for $125 or so.

1. Re: Voom (raspberry sound effect). Charlie you killed something worth saving and it may cost you a bundle in legal fees and churn. It may be too late, but you should think about reversing yourself here (although I doubt you will)

Voom is dead, let it RIP. :(

4. WPIX in HD????!!!?? Holy CRAP! THANK YOU! Sunday Mets games in HD! Do you Superstation viewers in the rest of the country get access,or jsut us New York Local subscribers? (EDIT: WooHoo! Smallville in the Fall in HD! Too bad they cancelled Beauty and the Geek..., used to like that show and it would have been better in HD)

Beauty and the Geek was never in HD. (on either of my OTA CW channels) but Smallville rocks in HD. :)

The sixth graphic above shows all the E* HD channels? What I'm confused about is, it appears that many of the channel logos listed on that graphic are duplicated. Are they trying to show they have more HD channels than they really have and that people won't see the error?

The sixth graphic above shows all the E* HD channels? What I'm confused about is, it appears that many of the channel logos listed on that graphic are duplicated. Are they trying to show they have more HD channels than they really have and that people won't see the error?

Maybe they are counting the mapdowns too. After all, they are in our guide twice, shouldn't they be counted twice?? :D

The chat was a waste of bandwidth.

Charlie continues to loose credibility. Can he define the standard he uses for "compelling"?

Sad part for us is Voom lives and grows around the world but Americans get WFN and other non-HD HD channels instead as alternatives. :mad:

Can't spin it any other way. Consumers are loosing on this one. Good news is I'm sure the market will answer soon with a better alternative. Just this wait and see mode is frustrating.

New Orleans was left out of the HD locals for Summer/Fall. I can't understand why. We were scheduled for 2006, now it looks like it will be 2009 or later, and Direct has had new Orleans HD locals for over a year, so it can't be because of the local broadcasters holding things up. I just don't understand how Dish determines who to light up and who to screw.

The post Katrina potential subscriber base was probably less "compelling" to him.....

I don't mean for that to sound callous..... but that is probably his mindset.....

Are things finally getting back to some semblance of normal down there?

Correct me if I mis-uderstood.....MSNBC in HD was in reference to the NBC family of channels, including Oxygen, that will be used to show the summer olympics???? A N D.....The WFNHD will have it's first HD only show starting in AUGUST???????? Anybody understand this differently?

Correct me if I mis-uderstood.....MSNBC in HD was in reference to the NBC family of channels, including Oxygen, that will be used to show the summer olympics???? A N D.....The WFNHD will have it's first HD only show starting in AUGUST???????? Anybody understand this differently?

I thought that as well but on one slide of HD channels MSNBC was lsited.

I'm not clear that the special ch's that will be used for "games" coverage were what was being referred to. Wonder if Scott understood this?

If you go the first post you wil lsee separate slides discussing HD additions and those covering the Olympics. MSNBC is listed on both. Now that does not amke it true but that is why people think that we are about to get it. the one covering HD adds also lists WFN, the Cartoon Network and one of the Cinemax channels. Those are not tied to the Olympics coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts