Charlie Chat Recap 6/9/08

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Still don't understand why Tulsa, Oklahoma is not on the list for local HD! When other smaller cities are being added! Tulsa, as a city is a lot bigger than most of those cities getting local HD.

The chat was a waste of bandwidth.

Charlie continues to loose credibility. Can he define the standard he uses for "compelling"?

Sad part for us is Voom lives and grows around the world but Americans get WFN and other non-HD HD channels instead as alternatives. :mad:

Can't spin it any other way. Consumers are loosing on this one. Good news is I'm sure the market will answer soon with a better alternative. Just this wait and see mode is frustrating.

Come on, how about his gem that to get internet with Dish you plug in the back of the 622/722 receiver!

Thanks! I recorded this in 2-6 minute increments( to get the caps), I think that would be copyright infringement to post it to youtube... I will try to put up relevent soundbytes a little later today...
Thank you very much for adding the soundbytes.
I am not a Dish Subscriber and before this DTVPal news never heard of Charlie Chat.

You provide a invaluable service and I must commend you for doing this.
Thanks again

Thank you very much for adding the soundbytes.
I am not a Dish Subscriber and before this DTVPal news never heard of Charlie Chat.

You provide a invaluable service and I must commend you for doing this.
Thanks again
Your Welcome and Thank you! we try to bring the latest indepth and best Satellite and HT Info....:)

So it looks like my locals are coming in later this month. I have the 622 right now but if I read correctly I'm going to need a second dish just to get the 61.5 right?

Is Dish installing these free of charge?

Yes, you will need a dish pointed at 61.5. Not sure about the cost.

I told my son about this and he called about getting the dish installed. The CSR did not know about this and would not schedule the installation of the additional dish.

I imagine they will wait until the locals are turned on then the long wait for the dish install begins.

I told my son about this and he called about getting the dish installed. The CSR did not know about this and would not schedule the installation of the additional dish.

I imagine they will wait until the locals are turned on then the long wait for the dish install begins.

Thanks for the info!

I emailed a guy at the "ceo" email regarding early install of a 61.5 dish for the 6/19 GR, MI HD locals.

I'll let you know his answer for an early install and if any costs are involved. I will REFUSE to pay any costs FYI.....

Ok, so here is the response I got.........

In order to have another dish installed to receive the 61.5 orbital slot
we are required to add on programming that actually requires that
location before our system will prompt the work order. The fact that
your DMA in HD will not be available until 6-19 is prohibiting our
system from prompting the work order. I would recommend waiting for your
HD locals to be available (If you wait we will complete the install for
free). Our only other option would be for me to schedule an existing
install (which costs $99), and than contact the dispatch office in your
area to advise that we need to point the dish at 61.5 for HD locals.
What do you think?

So.....the GOOD news is that the INSTALL WILL BE FREE as of 6-19. Nothing is mentioned about having to agree to any length of new contract.....that is the only string that could be left....

WRONG, negativo.....

Dish has been very good to me....

NO CONTRACT REQUIREMENT to get a 61.5 install for FREE.....

921 Upgrade offer

Charlie didn't say where the 921 to 622 upgrade was free or not. He didn't mention a price so I assumed it was free. Customer service wants to charge me a $100 fee and a 24 month commitment. Anyone know details on this?

Thanks

1 hour left and it will be 5-20, No Grand Rapids HD locals. Why can't Dish keep it's promises?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)