Charlie Chat Recap -- March 10th

EASTERN Arc plans will make all this possible by the end of May most likely ,using this Amc 14 and the existing RAinbow 1 sat at 61.5. So this is an hd launch so to speak. It will also include turning on those spotbeams on Rainbow 1 too and adding more hd dmas by years end.

Hell. Chuck is a lot more open than he has been in the last couple of chats.

Remember. The hd channels shown. Charlie did say Dish PROBABLY would not carry all of them.

he also said it was contingent on making cheap deals with the studios :) Also he said we would see BSG on scifi HD in the near future :p

Hell. Chuck is a lot more open than he has been in the last couple of chats.

Remember. The hd channels shown. Charlie did say Dish PROBABLY would not carry all of them.

He is probably feeling more confidant that DISH will soon be able to compete again with DIRECTV , with the new launch of the AMC 14 sat come Friday in one of those "STAN" countries( Kakistan) as CHarlie called it.:p

Memo to all QASs: Charlie said anything above 50 on the modified signal strength screen was good.

Yeah, baby, that's the ticket!

So for us on Sat. 129, if we want to get the Eastern Arc what would we have to do? I can see both 129 & 61.5 but they installed 129 because of the one dish...So do you think Dish would give a free upgrade if we wanted to sign up for the Eastern Arc package? And also will 129 ever have a Arc package sometime the future?

I would wait till May at team summit to even think about moving to the arc service. They will have to figure a way to upgrade a lot of subs to the 61.5 sat dish and come up with an lnb that works with dishpro plus technology. I am not sure if dishpro lnb would be able to be used by itself on a dish 300 or 500 and still be able to split the single coax coming into your house into two individual sat coaxes. THen there is that whole thing with more than two receivers . There would have to be switch you would need most likely to achieve that. Maybe somebody else can chime in and talk about the lnb part and how that works?

So for us on Sat. 129, if we want to get the Eastern Arc what would we have to do? I can see both 129 & 61.5 but they installed 129 because of the one dish...So do you think Dish would give a free upgrade if we wanted to sign up for the Eastern Arc package? And also will 129 ever have a Arc package sometime the future?

LOL. You must be near Alabama like I am. Wait. Be patient. The next 2 months of uplinks will be very interesting.;)

So you're SOL if you're aiming at 129 because there are only a few TPs hitting 50.

He said it like 50 PERIOD. On any of the satellites.

I wonder if anyone had the nerve to tell him that 70s are required to be "passing" on the 119 and 110 sats?

Much more informative (or should I say, much less vague) than last time. I actually felt pretty good about being a Dish subscriber after tonight's show.

I would wait till May at team summit to even think about moving to the arc service. They will have to figure a way to upgrade a lot of subs to the 61.5 sat dish and come up with an lnb that works with dishpro plus technology. I am not sure if dishpro lnb would be able to be used by itself on a dish 300 or 500 and still be able to split the single coax coming into your house into two individual sat coaxes. THen there is that whole thing with more than two receivers . There would have to be switch you would need most likely to achieve that. Maybe somebody else can chime in and talk about the lnb part and how that works?

That's exactly what I was stressing all this time. If Eastern Arc goes live, could I use a DP Dual on a D500 with an I-adapter, connected to my D1000.2 without confusing my 622 and 722 what to do with it? I don't wanna buy an DPP44 just for that, if I want to remove my D1000.2.

well i had both 129 and 61.5, got disgusted a few weeks ago and disconnected 129. In heavy fog, the box insisted on telling me there was "no signal" on all the hd channels, when the signal on 61.5 was booming.

i guess if "everything" is on 61.5 i can disconnect 119 and 110 too.

Mike
You can take a dish 500, set the skew to 90 and aim for 61.5 using a dish pro twin and run one coax into a dp 34 , problem solved, my 61.5 is a dish pro twin on a 500 skew set to 90. The one coax from the lnb goes into my #3 port on my dp 34, port 1 and 2 come from a dish 500 aimed at 110 and 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)