Charlie Chat Recap -- March 10th

It's unfortunate, but I have to agree. Just fluff at this point. Why even bother mentioning channels that will, most likely, never see the light of day on Dish?

Well it worked for DTV for a long time. How long did they promise us before we got the HD.

I take it charlie isn't much of a sports fan? as an aside, do you think he knows what conference UT is in? ;) back to topic, tonight's Mtn. (yes, no UT in the MWC) response floored me tonight. I can understand that he isn't finding a carriage rate he likes for the Mtn., but to practically say any MWC game that matters is found on CBS CSN or VERSUS is a lie or ignorance on his part. There are quite a few games of meaning that you can find on the Mtn. (it's not all just the 3rd and 4th tier leftovers) plus you get a wider variety of sports on the Mtn. if you are into MWC athletics.

I'd really like to be optimistic about that list of new HD channels coming "soon" but... Charlie did say "most" of those would "probably" go live but, not "all" of them.

The logos were pretty to look at though...

Am I correct in reading that pretty much all of the HD channels being added will be available in the Essentials pack, so long as you have the corresponding AT package? Seems to be a great deal for $10.

I'm glad to see that HD pricing is starting to go this way. In a few years, hopefully, HD won't even carry a premium price.

The Charlie Chat was a joke! I watched it on channel 101 on Dishnetwork. He failed to mension that the 622 and 722 only Serve HD in One room! and its better then TIVO,a company thats spent years suing him. He's not going to have squat for HD IMO. After satellites are launched, if we see even 20 new HD channels "REAL ONES" I'd be really surprised. No provider IMO seems like they want to do anything for charlie,He doesn't want to pay! I know,I know,,, He's doing it for us! Try removing some of the Bull S#$% fee's then Charlie Boy!

The Charlie Chat was a joke! I watched it on channel 101 on Dishnetwork. He failed to mension that the 622 and 722 only Serve HD in One room! and its better then TIVO,a company thats spent years suing him. He's not going to have squat for HD IMO. After satellites are launched, if we see even 20 new HD channels "REAL ONES" I'd be really surprised. No provider IMO seems like they want to do anything for charlie,He doesn't want to pay! I know,I know,,, He's doing it for us! Try removing some of the Bull S#$% fee's then Charlie Boy!

LOL. After watching other Charlie Chats. Comparing it to this one IS no comparison. You are even a pub member with all of that info and still make a post like this. Shame, shame, shame!!!:D

The two slides with the HD locals. They both say coming soon which is confusing. Is the first slide what is present now in HD and the second is what they "plan" to add this year?

Hard to believe the Speed Channel HD missed the list.
If I am not mistaken, Speed is a Newscorp station. Just like FX, Fuel and Fox Business: three other HD channels not on the "Most" and "Soon" list. My guess is that the issue is between Charlie and Rupert.

My quesions is: Where is the Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York, PA locals? It is market #41, not really something to sneeze at...

LOL. After watching other Charlie Chats. Comparing it to this one IS no comparison. You are even a pub member with all of that info and still make a post like this. Shame, shame, shame!!!:D
My 6 year old could have answered more questions about Dishnetwork they he could. Really though , what did we learn from his chat last night that we didn't know before. That Cnet gave his DVR a thumbs up? That he's selling Digital converter boxes ? Thats It! I just want everone to know ,I'm not starting a war. I think everyone Here is tired of getting smoke blown up their A@# from Charlie.

If I am not mistaken, Speed is a Newscorp station. Just like FX, Fuel and Fox Business: three other HD channels not on the "Most" and "Soon" list. My guess is that the issue is between Charlie and Rupert.
Rupert is officially out of the mix now. Liberty Media has his share of DirecTV now, so he has no reason NOT to sell to Charlie.

True that Rupert is out of the DirecTv/Dish Network mix; but not out of the Newscorp (owning the Fox-run cable channels) mix. But, I don't know if wounds have all healed yet...

(ie... I once owned a Mac, but then I decided it was time to give it up. Doesn't mean I love Bill Gates now, just means it was time for something different.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)