Charlie Chat will have a "Fox" theme

You all know Charlie Chat's are only about past things.

Tonights Charlie Chat, its a Fox theme... this means tonights agenda will be as follows:

Fox News Channel is now available in Classic 100 and Fox Business and Fox News are available in HD. They will announce that more HD is coming in the spring-probably the Viacom's in HD.

This will lead into the guests from Fox talking about Fox News and such and some uncomfortable interviews.

Next, we talk about the Feb 17th digital conversion being moved and that will lead into the announcement of new HD locals both launched and soon to be launched, this will lead into them talking about the new Ciel 2 satellite at 129.

Third, we talk about how the 722k was just released and that the 922 is coming. Talk about specs and such.

Now, a couple of email questions about external hard drives and getting locals through Dish Network, then possibly a phone call question about spotbeams on 129 -- this may lead into a trivia question asking how many spotbeams are on 129 and you will win an external hard drive.

Fifth, another guest and then talk about the Come On Get Happy 9.99 6 month promo and then a promo reel about it.

Sixth, a preview of PPV and Events.

Finally, end of show... nothing new announced that we didn't already learn of here first, and bam... you have wasted another hour of your life when you could've read here first and found out all your info in 15 minutes.

Just my prediction on how tonight will go.

Finally, end of show... nothing new announced that we didn't already learn of here first, and bam... you have wasted another hour of your life when you could've read here first and found out all your info in 15 minutes.

Just my prediction on how tonight will go.

Unless of course your plan is get wasted during that hour playing one of a number of different charlie chat drinking games! :D:eureka

Well then there must be thousands of us satguys and/or dbstalk guys, trying to get through., because in almost 6 years of E*, I have never once been able to get through and get on the show to talk Charlie.
What makes you think Dish has more than a dozen or so incoming phone lines ?

Of course more than satguys/dbstalk users watch. Where do you think they pull all the stupid questions they show? I bet tonight, we will hear another "does the digital transition effect me" question.

"Since I'm still getting TV after Feb 12, does that mean I am ok?" says caller that somehow managed to get on... completely unaware of the fact the transition was pushed back.

"Since I'm still getting TV after Feb 12, does that mean I am ok?" says caller that somehow managed to get on... completely unaware of the fact the transition was pushed back.

That should kill at least five minutes. Maybe a couple of graphics depicting the date pushback with a big arrow. :up

Dish only talks about 2 types of things for these public events (charlie chats, tech chats, tradeshows, industry events, etc.):

1. Things that have already happened
2. Things that won't happen for a long time

Examples of things you might hear tonight:

-We now have HD locals in the following markets!
-We've added Fox News HD and Fox Business HD!
-We plan to add lots more HD locals and national HD in 2009!

FWIW The official Dish network Twitter page just posted this:

"Tune in to TONIGHT's Charlie Chat, 7p MT on Ch. 101! Wonder if DN will announce any new #HD..."

Dish employees ? :D (I mean staged phone calls)

Employees???? Never. Close Family Relatives of the two highest ranking officers of Dishnetwork Corporation? Most Definitely!!!!:eek:

"Now on the phone we have 10 yr sub from Tennessee (Charlie's cousin Luke)....wanting to know where can he buy a dtvpal ???":p

FWIW The official Dish network Twitter page just posted this:

"Tune in to TONIGHT's Charlie Chat, 7p MT on Ch. 101! Wonder if DN will announce any new #HD..."
Yeah, that was interesting. But what does announce really mean? They have announced plenty of crap already; it doesn't really count until it shows up in my guide (not yours or anyone else; I am already missing out on Fox news...).

Smartest thing ever. Schedule it against 24 and Heroes. The stuff on ABC and CBS is new too. I predict there won't be many viewers, and if you are watching it, most likely you will have a list of most of the others on the computer screen in front of you. :)

The Charlie Chat has always been Second Monday at 9pm ET for over 10 years.

The usual complaint is that it was at the same time as Monday Night Football.

I expect that the timing (7pm local time), is to allow the Dish employees involved to finish their regular work, have dinner, and then show up at the Chat (referring here to the roughly dozen managers who are on hand to answer questions).

Yeah, that was interesting. But what does announce really mean? They have announced plenty of crap already; it doesn't really count until it shows up in my guide (not yours or anyone else; I am already missing out on Fox news...).

Indeed. Heck, they could "announce" Fox News and meet that statement.

However, I just saw another posting:
Dish Twitter Feed said:
ATTN #Country fans! Awesome giveaway on tonight's Charlie Chat you'll love! Make sure you're tuned to DN Ch. 101 @ 7p MT TONIGHT!

Hmm, a country giveaway. Maybe associated with a CMT launch?

Either that or Speed? Since, in most markets, NASCAR finds it's radio home on country stations, that is not too much of a stretch....

No stretch at all. ;)

Attachments

• sarmstrong.jpg.jpeg
    sarmstrong.jpg.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts