Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well its done...

What did you think....

I would comment on the news from the Chat but there was none.

So please give me your thoughts. :)

It sucked!

40 minuets before they took any questions. No realy info on HD, tune in next month. No dates for 811, 921 or Superdish for non LIL customers. This was a infomercial and not a chat. I've already fired off an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com telling them that it sucked and to cut ouf the tune in next month for HD info, put up or shut up.

I had about decided to stay with DirecTV after news of the Spaceway satellites came out, but after talking to a local installer today, I decided to think some more about Dish considering I don't have to be sure until next Spring, and so I watched the Charlie Chat hoping that something that would help me make up my mind would be announced. That didn't happen.

~Alan

Well I wonder why I wasted my time. I just can't believe that DISH continues to say it is the HD leader and they only have one reciever out.

I can't say how disappointed I am about there lack of follow through and lack of respect for release dates.

I garentee that if I called in and said my payment was on the way and should be there by Nov 1st and made my payements like they do there release dates they wouldn't go for it.

At one time they had a DVD/dish receiver combo that they showed about 4 years ago. Has anybody ever seen one? I think the same is going to happen with the 921 and they won't admit to it wntio DIRECT TV beats them to the punch.

Those are my thoughts and sorry for all the mis-spellings

Shawn

Oh yeah, please tell me that the price of the 811 has not gone up and it was Charlie's mistake!

Cool that Charlie is a fellow Tennessee boy though....

~Alan

My misery...

I caught only the last 10 minutes or so. What I heard was the 811 for $499. WTF!!! 3-4 months ago the 811 was 299, then $399 and now $499?!?!?!

Is this some dumb ass ploy to encourage the sale of the remaining 6000s? Did I also hear the 6000 can be had for $99 for certain people?

I feel like going on a rant, but I'm too pissed.

I understand confusion in the marketplace resulting from rumor mongering, but when information disseminated by the CEO is constantly changing... WTF!!!

"Tune in next time for the next installment in the vacillation of information on the Flip Flop Flap Jack Charlie Chat" Jesus, Charlie gives southerners a bad rep, My middle name is Charlie, I feel ill.

Charlie Chat

What a colossal waste of time. Who wanted to listen to the two guests they put on to FILL the time out? What was said that added to anything avid equipment/programming fans were interested in would have taken up all of two minutes.Why didn't Charlie just come out at the beginning and admit that there was nothing related to HD, or 921/811/Super Dish that would remotely make any viewer miss Everybody Loves Raymond? :(

Anonymous said:
My misery...

I caught only the last 10 minutes or so. What I heard was the 811 for $499. WTF!!! 3-4 months ago the 811 was 299, then $399 and now $499?!?!?!

Is this some dumb ass ploy to encourage the sale of the remaining 6000s? Did I also hear the 6000 can be had for $99 for certain people?

I feel like going on a rant, but I'm too pissed.

I understand confusion in the marketplace resulting from rumor mongering, but when information disseminated by the CEO is constantly changing... WTF!!!

"Tune in next time for the next installment in the vacillation of information on the Flip Flop Flap Jack Charlie Chat" Jesus, Charlie gives southerners a bad rep, My middle name is Charlie, I feel ill.

Need my name assigned to this, in case Flip Flop Charlie wants to call and apologize.

Relenquish the good name "Charlie", you bastard!

I agree,that was totaly lame!!The ceo doesn't even know how much his products cost or what they do or if or when they will be available.He flip flops more the Wesley Clark!!I'm leaving dish and going to D*.Screw them.

This was the least informative chat I have seen. The amount of relevant information provided could have been presented in a five minute segment. And that would have left at least three minutes for the guests who, by the way, added absolutely no value to the show.

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called and asked the following question:

Since an implementation schedule for Superdish was not mentioned for areas where new locals were not being launched does this mean a delay for Superdish and the launch of new HD programming in other areas?

ANSWER:Currently we have no dates for the introduction of any new HD programming or the launch of Superdish in areas that do not require Superdish for local channel reception.

Needless to say that question was asked and answered off the air.

Notice it's usually the "Guest" posters who are leaving in droves to go over to D*.

I used to drive a Drove, but the tranny had a MtF transgender alteration.

charlie chat

i agree. just a waste of time. nothing of substance about 811, except the release date keeps getting pushed back, or superdish, except for those who need it to get local channels (which dish doesnt offer in my market anyway!) :x

I am getting a real bad feeling about the release of Superdish, 921 and 811. I think the Superdish will only be available to areas that require it for locals for several more months. I think the 6000 was made available at a verly low price because the 811 will not be released any time soon. The 921 will be delayed indefinately. Charlie is making his big bucks off all of the new locals. He is in no rush. Its just very bad that he leads his old customers along with these promises that never materalize. I have been waiting for the 921 for two years and refuse to buy old technology (6000). I just won't be able to watch HDTV on either of my wide screen HDTV's. I have been watching wide screen DVD's for two years and that is what I will continue to do. I think we are kidding ourselves if anyone thinks that any of the above will be in our households and working before Christmas. Its just too late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)