charlie chat

No, they alternate between charlie and tech chats every month and the retailer chats are about 8-10 times a year usually. Has any one noticed if the new dish ads with charlie are being broadcast in 16:9 HD anywhere?, I know they are on HD channels and shows but they are only 4:3.

No, they alternate between charlie and tech chats every month and the retailer chats are about 8-10 times a year usually. Has any one noticed if the new dish ads with charlie are being broadcast in 16:9 HD anywhere?, I know they are on HD channels and shows but they are only 4:3.

Tech chats use to be once a quarter and there is no CC in October as Charlie is too busy enjoying his Thanksgiving (well maybe he is enjoying Columbus Day instead) ;)

Tech chats use to be once a quarter and there is no CC in October as Charlie is too busy enjoying his Thanksgiving (well maybe he is enjoying Columbus Day instead) ;)
I wonder what the management style of Charlie and Jim are? I'll bet it's really laid-back, just like their manner on the CC. They probably don't involve themselves day to day in operations or product development. That might explain why we hear about products, and then years pass before they appear. Nobody's minding the store.

Honestly it just makes sense to broadcast a commercial in sd. Why pay for more? As a customer I don't want to help pay for hd commercials or the like.
Well, gee, how about giving the customer a clearer view of the product? This is particularly crucial when you are advertising something that is itself HD: TV's, media players, HD channels, packages, or programs. Those of us who care about HD will definitely frown on SD ads for HD.

I wonder what the management style of Charlie and Jim are? I'll bet it's really laid-back, just like their manner on the CC. They probably don't involve themselves day to day in operations or product development. That might explain why we hear about products, and then years pass before they appear. Nobody's minding the store.

I think he lets the hardware people do the hardware and focuses instead on the carriage agreements with providers. The way channels will disappear when contracts expire gives me the impression that he likes to play hardball.

I myself have nothing but respect for Charlie. I have met him before and I thought he was a pretty nice guy. He just seems like a pretty average guy that had a passion for satellite TV.

I agree about Charlie, as I deal with him and talk to him from time to time directly. He is just a regular guy, but hes a guy who is pulled in a million directions. I don't envy him in that respect.

A lot of time what he does and says is based on what his staff below him tells him is going on, and I think thats part of the problem because those under him seem to like telling Charlie what he wants to hear instead of whats really going on...

But Charlie himself is a good guy, and I feel fortunate that I have gotten to know him over the years.

Soi you are saying there are a lot of "Yes Men" under him?

I'm sure the answer to that is 'Yes'. For what its worth, I admire what Charlie has done and it doesn't bother me at all when he has a stand off with a company. Direct just launched locals here and they are missing the CBS & ABC affiliates. They are having a money standoff. So, these things aren't unique to Dish and I think we will see more of them on Direct. And... Charlie has my HD locals. I guess they don't want a standoff with him.

I too have met jim and charlie;) My name is right by charlies on the echo 6 launch banner:) they appeared nice guys

Charlie founded and grew his company on great ideas. Sad how that has been lost, and the instant results were a shrinking customer count and unbelievable churn....

I still havent got my refund check.....

if anyone has a recoding of the chat PM me I will buy a copy..........

Too early

I too have met jim and charlie;) My name is right by charlies on the echo 6 launch banner:) they appeared nice guys

Charlie founded and grew his company on great ideas. Sad how that has been lost, and the instant results were a shrinking customer count and unbelievable churn....

I still havent got my refund check.....

if anyone has a recoding of the chat PM me I will buy a copy..........

So you only made it 10 of the 12 yrs life of the sat. Well that was too early to leave. Unless you stayed the life of the bird you don't get a refund. :D:D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)