Charlie must be a Yankees fan

BobMurdoch said:
I hate the Yankees with every fiber of my being as I am a Mets fan.

I feel for you, Bob. ;)

PLUS my inner sense of justice feels that I owe the Red Sox for 1986, so I'm rooting for them.

Poor Bill Buckner. That's one guy I wouldn't want to be. Although he had a good career, he will always have that albatross around his neck.

Best Case scenario is a Red Sox-Cubs matchup.

Even as a Yankee fan, I can see some interest in that series. Too bad, if it does happen, that either the Billy Goat or The Bambino curse will disappear. They have a certain mystique about them.

Just so I can hear the news story of the ONE guy in Vegas who bet $10 on that matchup and will walk away a Millionaire (I'm making that up, but the odds HAD to have been huge)

LOL! I'm sure there's someone out there who did just that.

Bush League

Quite unfortunate that the Red Sox (Martinez & Ramirez) showed themselves to be pretty classless today, never mind their grounds crew worker. Awful display.......

8bitbytes said:
Sorry for the blistering rant over this subject.

I am not trying to call anyone a liar, I just have many conflicting stories.

So let me ask these questions:

Why wouldn't Dish Network WANT to show both games as intended by FOX?

Why would the E* helpdesk tell me that Steinbrenner mandated that ONLY the Yankees be shown in the Yankees market area?

Why would Shodobe post in the other thread related to this subject that he (his wife) was watching both on Dish?

Why does E* waste bandwidth on stupid music channels that nobody listens to and should be optional? I mean we not only have the "Stereo" channels but we also have the "tinny speaker in the middle of the dashboard" mono channels as well. Dish seems to be able to find the bandwidth to show Charlie Chat with very little compression if any, but not for an event that MILLIONS of people have been waiting to see?

Why can't Dish designate different transponders / spotbeams for a specific channel in situations like this one? They seem to be able to control whether I see a specific channel based on my receiver. What's the technical problem?

I have had a chance to regain composure on this subject but I am nonetheless VERY disappointed and am not inclined to recommend Dish to anyone because of the unbelievable stupidity involved in this decision.

I doubt that Charlie will ever hear what a mess this was or even care if he did hear - He is either a Yankee fan or just like one of the censor board members at the FCC, does not even watch TV personally. As unbelievable as that may seem, it is quite possible.

My apologies to Kevin and Shodobe.

Because Charlie like doing stuff half assed, most people wouldn't even notice or not care enough to call..

Dish has music channels as a way to run the channel count up really high without having to use a lot of bandwidth.

Dish like to be cheap and not pay for extras like sports channels. E* has been in a dispute over the Yankees for years, and is not likely to settle any time soon.

Charlie Chat compresses really well because it is just some talking heads.

Fat Tony said:
the fox affiliates picked what game they showed. e* had no control over what was on fox.

Sorry Tony but you are incorrect.

FOX posted the broadcast line-up on their website:

The affiliates WILL show their market game, either Yanks or Cubs depending on city.

FX WILL show the opposite game for the two different markets.

The problem was E* and their inability to provide what the customer was supposed to be able to see from the rebroadcast rights owner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)