Charlie used to sell D* ??

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Yes its true!!

The Charlie Ergen Show Echostar's founder is one tough operator who will soon take control of the satellite TV industry--if Washington lets him. - September 2, 2002

Realizing that its oversized dishes were obsolescent, Echostar scrambled to launch its own small-dish network in 1996. Ergen couldn't afford to get into a marketing war with DirecTV, even after raising $300 million in junk bonds and taking the company public in 1995. (Echostar actually distributed the DirecTV service for 18 months to help pay the bills.) But in contrast with Hughes, Ergen came at satellite TV from the ground up--he knew the customers, he had a network of loyal retailers, and it was a safe bet that Echostar could operate its service, called DISH, more nimbly and efficiently than a company that had lived off government contracts. "We built the company to be the low-cost producer, soup to nuts, in every way," Ergen says.

That's an old story . But I'm finally getting into my old Denver news archives and I have a few on a young Charlie Ergen when I think he sold C-band dishes. It's been a while but I believe he did. This was before the start of Dish Network

Did you know Charlie was an accountant for Frito Lay in Dallas before he and Jim started Echosphere Corp? How is that for ancient history?

jim and charlie were driving around pulling a trailer with a C band dish, someone flagged them down and bought one.

So they drove around a lOT, but never made another sale that way.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)