Charlie's Special Customer Team?

you do have to check your statements as many companies will put charges on your bill you did not ask for (voice mail, dhpp, etc).

I just helped a friend set -up a dish account with a 722k. they made him pay almost $450 to get started because I believe he had dish in the past. the $347 he paid for receiver lease was supposed to be partially refunded with $15 credits for 12 months. I was told by the csr payments would be $52 a month for the first year.

when the first statement came they wanted like $92 a month and when calling them they said they just reinstated the old contract..

big companies will try to get over on you any time they can and I believe it is there policy to do just that.

p.s. now I don't feel bad for getting over on them for almost 10 years:angel:

For most people on autopay, I suspect a bill that is $5 higher than normal won't catch anyone's attention, so why check the itemized bill ? If the bill is $20 higher (or some unknown amount), even someone on autopay might get around to checking....

In this case, Dish "replaced" his 811, told him it was going to be obsolete, etc, etc yet still charged him. How can anyone defend Dish in this case ?

It's called responsibility. Check the bill to ensure its correct, if it is and never changes, I can see not going back over it each month if its the same. Of course, should the amount change, then you check it again. Generally, when you pay a bill, you're basically stating with your money that you agree to the validity of that bill.

I learned a long time ago to scrutinize everything. Those barcode readers at WalMart for example, seem to be tuned to double dip on a regular basis. Caveat Emptor.

That said, with an obvious screw-up on the part of Dish billing, they should credit the full amount no matter how long it took to notice the discrepancy.

When you go to the store and purchase 3 items, they will ask you for money. It's up to you to know what the items you are attempting to purchase should cost.

If they ask you for $5 more than the items cost and you pay it, it's your fault, period. It's also your fault if you pay with a $20 and get change for a $10. It's your money.

And if you do it over a dozen times...

Actually its up to the the person or company billing you to get it correct. We have the dollars to purchase the product. If the company overcharges you, I say its on them to correct it in full. I guarantee IF a company under bills you for several months (which do you realize hardly ever happens!?) they want compensated for their loss.

Mistakes can happen, but even then there is a bit of a two way street here. 14 mths is a long time to not realize that the charges went up after swapping out the rcvr.

I would like to point out....they sent you out a brand new rcvr at their cost. That is a lot more then $70.

I would like to point out....they sent you out a brand new rcvr at their cost. That is a lot more then $70.
They effectively obsoleted his old receiver. They could have kept MPEG2 (HD) service available if they wanted to but Dish decided it was worth more than..... oh, $70, to do so.

the discontinued receiver promotion required an exchange. even if the 811 was owned it was supposed to be turned in to dish in trade for the free leased rec upgrade. however, even as previous threads here in the past showed, many customers made a stink about having to turn in their owned receiver.

had he turned in the owned 811 rec, it would have been checked back in my dish and removed from his account. but he probably made a stink about wanting to keep it, so the tech and or csr said whatever and let him keep it. so instead the new rec was just activated and no change to the old receiver.

now put the shoe on the other foot.... say dish had been charging you the 10.00 less by mistake, and they caught it ten months later. if they added 100.00 to your next bill to make up for it, would you be cool with that?

FYI - they never asked for my 811. If they did I would have sent it. So, no I did not make a "stink" about it.

They effectively obsoleted his old receiver. They could have kept MPEG2 (HD) service available if they wanted to but Dish decided it was worth more than..... oh, $70, to do so.

No. As D* is finding out right now, MPEG4 is here to stay and the sats need to start using the compression. There isn't enough space on the birds to handle all the channels out there. The only way to make everyone happy [how many people are complaining even now they don't have HD locals] was to change equipement.

Still, instead of launching more sats, they upgraded the compression and even swapped out obsolete equipement for people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts