Charter Member: Did you stay, switch or go?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rick214

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 29, 2003
New Albany, IN
Now that the MBG for the original ($750+tax) VOOM Charter Members expired at midnight last night (5/1/04), I'd like to know how many:

A) Stayed a Charter Member with the VaVaVoom pack
B) Stayed a Charter Member with free Plus Pack (or additional packs)
C) Switched to rental with VaVaVoom pack
D) Switched to rental with Base Pack only
E) Swithced to rental with Base Pack + 1 or more Plus Pack(s)
F) Cancelled VOOM

Edit: added date

Rick214 said:
Now that the MBG for the original ($750+tax) VOOM Charter Members expired at midnight last night, I'd like to know how many:

A) Stayed a Charter Member with the VaVaVoom pack
B) Stayed a Charter Member with free Plus Pack (or additional packs)
C) Switched to rental with VaVaVoom pack
D) Switched to rental with Base Pack only
E) Swithced to rental with Base Pack + 1 or more Plus Pack(s)
F) Cancelled VOOM
"C" for me

F for me. My uninstall date is May 8th. PQ was great when it worked. I have had so many problems since I got Voom back in Jan, that im just sick of it. No love loss here.

(B) Keeping the Charter Member title, while saving $25 a month over rental. Do not need VaVaVoom: a couple of Plus packs (with the right to change them at any time) will be more than sufficient for our family.

Ilya said:
(B) Keeping the Charter Member title, while saving $25 a month over rental. Do not need VaVaVoom: a couple of Plus packs (with the right to change them at any time) will be more than sufficient for our family.
This was exactly my situation. I didn't need VaVaVoom and now I get basic + 1 plus pack for $39.90.

Rick214 said:
This was exactly my situation. I didn't need VaVaVoom and now I get basic + 1 plus pack for $39.90.
1 receiver here w/ VVV-makes sense in this case to lease-no bout o' doubt it-lol

Well I've got Insight cable, Direct TV and VOOM now which will probably change when the VOOM DVR comes out. I've got 2 Moto 6208's with Insight so it's hard to give up a provider with HD-DVR's right now. And of course, NFL Sunday ticket with Direct TV. Why not have it all? :D

BUMP - Any more charter members care to cast your vote?

I'm also interested in why you made the decision you made.

I voted option A, so the STB is mine, and I got VVV. Why? Partly because of the $300 rebate that Voom gave on the original $749 investment, and partly to support the company. My STB has not given me any trouble, and I don't like renting anything.

I figured I could always use this STB, even if they came out with a PVR. I have two other TV's hooked up so I'm running 3 TV's with the same receiver. When the PVR comes out, I'll get that and use the current STB somewhere else.

Another reason is that I am a Pro Crastinator. And...in the back of my head, I keep thinking that 'Voom Charter Member' might mean something someday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)