Charter Member Refund

rjbar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
undefinedundefinedundefined
Just got off phone with Voom Supervisor concerning money back refund
cancelled voom April 30 uninstalled May 5 Still NO REFUND
Now they say it will be 6 to 8 weeks till I see my check, they will not just credit my card, This Company gets worst by the day, Just thought that all you new Voomers and Charter Member are in for, would be interested to know if anyone else is having trouble, am now wondering if we will ever see our REFUND, sending a complaint to NYC Better Business Bureau , too :mad:

rjbar said:
Now they say it will be 6 to 8 weeks till I see my check, they will not just credit my card, This Company gets worst by the day, Just thought that all you new Voomers and Charter Member are in for, would be interested to know if anyone else is having trouble, am now wondering if we will ever see our REFUND, sending a complaint to NYC Better Business Bureau , too :mad:

I got my refund and there was no check. It was credited to my cc. It took 6-8 weeks though.

6-8 weeks seem to be typical for Voom. A friend of mine got his refund (credit to his CC) in 7 weeks (back in February). When he was cancelling over the phone, he was told to wait up to 8 weeks. It is long.

rjbar said:

Per the merchant agreement for credit cards, a refund for funds paid on a credit card has to be made in the form of a credit to that credit card, and not a check.

It took me over 8 weeks to finally get my credit. I called back in March and changed over to lease. After 7 weeks I called to see what was happening and they said they could not honor the credit and that if I still wanted it, they were going to remove my equipment and reschedule an install. I chose to have the equipment removed but when I told them also to change me from the full package to just the basic package plus HBO, they then said they could honor the credit and I would have it in 7-10 days. I did then receive the credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)