Charter Sueing Directv in Ad claims

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Looks like charter has slapped a lawsuit on DirecTV The allegations include that DirecTV launched a national advertising campaign with false statements that Charter is being liquidated and that its services will end or be substantially impaired. Thanks to courthouse news for this one :). Below is a link to the article and also a copy of the original court document obtained.

Courthouse News Service

Attachments

• CharterDirecTV.pdf
    998.7 KB · Views: 336
Since I know nothing of Charter's troubles (if any), it would seem they are going after deep pockets.

That news article didn't give a lot of details. So any Charter members will have to verify exactly what the DirecTV ad says.

Charter sucks. They serve where I live and their service and product are horrendous. The best thing that could happen is for Charter to go away. Maybe they will get some money out of this, they have not been able to make any by selling their product.

the ads only mention that they filed for chapter 11 protection. not sure where that is grounds for suit, but this is Amreika after all...

Does a truly healthy company need to file for bankruptcy? I think not.

Then again, I suppose Charter has plenty of other things wrong with them that DirecTV could mention in their ads without prompting a suit.

Charter sucks. They serve where I live and their service and product are horrendous. The best thing that could happen is for Charter to go away. Maybe they will get some money out of this, they have not been able to make any by selling their product.

A biiiiiiig +1 here.

Horrible lineup. Horrible service.

The PDF in the original post has samples of the print ads and transcripts of the radio ads. The ads are very clever, while not stating anything false. An example is: Charter has declared bankruptcy, You save yourself from this hassle by switching to DirecTV. . .

I fail to see on what grounds Charter has to file a lawsuit. DTV is simply stating facts! Being in STL I hear these ads all the time. Charter sucks, yet they wonder why they can't gain customers.

I fail to see on what grounds Charter has to file a lawsuit. DTV is simply stating facts! Being in STL I hear these ads all the time. Charter sucks, yet they wonder why they can't gain customers.

Let me follow this up by saying Charters commercial are just as bad say "Why don't you dump satellite TV and go with somebody that provides better service". first off that's just LAUGHABLE!! And how is that different than what DTV is saying about Charter?

Charter just wants more for everything, Don't care if it's a 3,6,12 or 24 month promotional offer your going to get slammed when it's over.

See this one often $99.95 bundle offer for 12 months that explodes to almost $250 a month after the 12 months is over.

I had Charter until February 2005, when I switched to E*. When I went to the local office to cancel my service and turn in my STB, the clerk asked me why I was switching. "Is it the 'D-word,'" she asked. When I acknowledged that it was, she showed me the list of "welcome back" (or some such term) packages that they had for customers returning from satellite. The promotional packages had less content and were more expensive than the regular offerings from Dish! She told me that they have a lot of customers who are unhappy with satellite and come back to Charter cable (a likely story).

Since that time, most, if not all, of the Charter franchises in the southern half of Illinois and Indiana were bought out by upstart Avenue Broadband. Just out of curiosity, I price-shopped them several months ago and they were considerably higher than Dish.

I remember how many of my friends in college had Charter and how often their internet went out, how clunky the boxes were, etc. Can't understand why anyone would choose them if they have LOS for satellite and DSL available for internet...

I did three things in one day:
1) Switched from Charter Cable to Dish Network;
2) Switchd from Charter Cable Internet to SBC Yahoo! (Now AT&T) DSL;
3) Switched my phone calling plan.

I immediately saved about $30 a month - and got better service on all three.

Sharter, Comcant... they are all the same... we have both, depending on where you live here in Atlanta, and they are notoriously bad on service, programming, equipment... you name it, they suck at it! Their box's user interface looks like something right out of 1989 and their DVR's MAYBE hold 15 hours of HD content.

Maybe they will spend millions trying to sue only to have the judge rule in in Directvs favor. Hopefully they will spend what money they do have on frivolous B.S. and finally put these clowns out of business for good.
If I could not get satellite service and cable was the only thing available it would be ota only for me and podcasts off the internet. Cable is so outdated..............

I have had Charter in some form since 2002. My only issues are DVR's, Cost and Channel Lineups. I have had internet with Charter since 2002 with No Issues. It is more stable than any other provide I know. My internet goes out maybe 2-3 times year that are not Maintenance related.

As for TV the HD line up is getting better but not close to Directv. Additionally I am paying less for Directv and my telephone and internet with Charter than when I was bundled. That includes when I factor in the cost of MLBEI and Center Ice which I had with CHarter. However the HD games on Directv blows it out of the water. I have yet to see one of these adds but they might be targeting markets with very poor service.

I have Charter. Their alright, I subscribe to basic hd cable tv to get a good rate on my internet. Their cable looks almost as good as Directv in my area, not that good though.

I like this much better then their tv service:

1633229392.png

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)