Chat rep refused to upgrade me to two hopper 3s

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The trouble with that, a lot of the American agents are crap too. It was like that when I worked there. Never changed. And a lot of it was the constant feeling of being beaten down and just not cared about. For awhile, we had mandatory overtime, that they would spring on us every week, even if we explained we had prior engagements based on the schedule they gave. They finally got rid of that, but as you can probably tell, there were far greater issues going on.

The trouble with that, a lot of the American agents are crap too. It was like that when I worked there. Never changed. And a lot of it was the constant feeling of being beaten down and just not cared about. For awhile, we had mandatory overtime, that they would spring on us every week, even if we explained we had prior engagements based on the schedule they gave. They finally got rid of that, but as you can probably tell, there were far greater issues going on.
You know who I'm liking lately?? The Mexicans. I had one today was awesome and spoke excellent English. When he said he was in Mexico, I was caught off guard.

This was a call I made after hanging up on a Filipino on a new connect, where the Hopper died after I activated it and I needed him to activate a new one I installed in it's place, which he would have done with a credit check and new 2 yr agreement ...smh. When I told the Mexican guy the story, he just laughed...a lot!

I had a very helpful Mexican CSRs also. Well spoken and knowledgeable. My customer owned H3 had a thermal issue where it would turn off and then turn back on if I pressed down on the case. Several CSRs games me the run around, but he understood immediately the issue I was having and scheduled a swap out of the equipment almost immediately.

The CSR rep probably thought you wanted both Hopper 3’s for free and that’s why they told you no.

I have been doing this 18 years and it’s rare to get more than $100 out of most customers.

If it’s not free they don’t want it. Which is the very exact reason why we have DVR fees. They tried charging $50 upfront for a DVR with no monthly fees and people where not buying it. So that’s why we have DVR fees forever.

I remember when I upgraded to a DVR. The Dish CSR wanted to set me up with a 622. I told them I wanted a 722. They were glad to do that, for $100. I took that deal! When I upgraded that to the original Hopper system it was free, even the tech visit fee was waived.

Reactions: pattykay
I remember when I upgraded to a DVR. The Dish CSR wanted to set me up with a 622. I told them I wanted a 722. They were glad to do that, for $100. I took that deal!
I've had to pay an "upgrade fee" at different times. I seem to recall one instance was we had a 622 and it died and by that time, the 722k was out. They said they'd ship a replacement 622 and I asked how to get a 722k. They click-click-clicked and said $75 (if I recall correctly). I took it. After it was "agreed" to, I asked for the OTA module and gave the argument that it was built-in with the 622 and that we used this function extensively. They added it to the order, added the charge for it, then applied a credit for that same amount.

When I upgraded that to the original Hopper system it was free, even the tech visit fee was waived.
I don't remember if we had a Hopper 1 so I think we went from the 722k to a Hopper 2 - don't remember if that cost anything. The upgrade to the Hopper 3 (and Joey 2, replacing a Joey 1) was 100% free. No install fee either.

Just saw a Hopper 3 at Solid Signal for $229.99. On another thread about 2 H3s the purchased H3 sometimes wouldn't connect to the leased H3 . The purchased H3 didn't have the right SW or firmware. What do you need to ask for when you purchase the H3?

Just saw a Hopper 3 at Solid Signal for $229.99. On another thread about 2 H3s the purchased H3 sometimes wouldn't connect to the leased H3 . The purchased H3 didn't have the right SW or firmware. What do you need to ask for when you purchase the H3?
You don’t need to ask for anything. When both Hoppers are installed, properly, and all receivers are in standby all of the receivers will sync up with correct firmware. By properly, I mean that the Hoppers are not isolated from each other.

What he is referring to is that when the DPH42 switch came out, some Hopper3 receivers did not have the correct software to recognize the new switch. What they had to do was first hookup the Hopper3 to a DPH LNB Dish so it could update the software. Then they could swap out to the older LNB’s with the DPH42 switch.

That is no longer a problem since all new Hopper3 receivers come with software that recognizes the DPH42 switch.

I started with two rock solid 301s. And used the feature to turn on your VCR to record (what was that called?).

Then a 721 and later added a 508. Seven 721s floated thru my home. Bad power supplies or HDDs.

Then two ViP622s. Then two ViP722s. Then two HWSes.

I’d be much happier going back to the pre-CUI s/w. I’d pay for the privilege. Moving to one or two H3s is a downgrade to me.

Realistically, we could abandon many programs we like, and drop down to the minimum, and we’d still have more than we can watch from OTA and what’s on our EHDs.

I bought mine there. It installed just fine without any complications. Unfortunately it was defective, but I didn't want to deal with returning it to the store. I just let dish send me a refurbished unit. Works great.

I bought mine there. It installed just fine without any complications. Unfortunately it was defective, but I didn't want to deal with returning it to the store. I just let dish send me a refurbished unit. Works great.

That’s cool.

We used to actually offer to pay the customers shipping if they got the replacement from Dish instead of sending it back.

Less hassle that way as we had to ship the defective item to dish after getting it back from the customer.

Sad how many defective receivers we would deal with when selling dish.

Reactions: GooberedUp
That’s cool.

We used to actually offer to pay the customers shipping if they got the replacement from Dish instead of sending it back.

Less hassle that way as we had to ship the defective item to dish after getting it back from the customer.

Sad how many defective receivers we would deal with when selling dish.

If it wasn't something that was only functional with dish service, I would have sent it back to the point of purchase to make sure I got a new device. But in this case, there wasn't much point. I was disappointed in the failure, but it was no big deal given that dish handled it promptly once I got past the several clueless CSRs.

Then a 721 and later added a 508. Seven 721s floated thru my home. Bad power supplies or HDDs.

You know what's funny, had a 721 & 501 for at least 4-5+ years; NEVER had a problem with either one & the 501 was a used one that I bought from a client that switched to another pay service. They STILL actually work to this day (not active of course) to play back shows still on their HDD's.

Then two ViP722s. Then two HWSes.

I’d be much happier going back to the pre-CUI s/w. I’d pay for the privilege. Moving to one or two H3s is a downgrade to me

Had two 722k's (w/OTA adapters), one 612k & 211k for at least 2-3 years; again, NEVER a problem with any of them!
Switched to two HWS's & one H2K 3+ years ago; the HDD's in BOTH HWS's didn't even make it 2 years, before I had to replace both within a month's time span of each other...then of course the great CUI came into existence to make them into last rate DVR's.
Had I dreamed they would end up turning into the cluster-f**k's they have now become, I would have NEVER, EVER switched from the previous receivers!

Realistically, we could abandon many programs we like, and drop down to the minimum, and we’d still have more than we can watch from OTA and what’s on our EHDs.

Now with one cablecard & two OTA Tivo's, the ONLY reason why I even keep E*, is for the Supers & cheap HBO...can't switch back to VIP receivers, since my DVR fee will go up. When they eventually dump the Supers, so will I, of the last vestiges of E*.

Tonight, I used the Dish website chat utility to ask to be upgraded from my current two Hopper with Sling's to two Hopper 3's. The chat representative refused to do it. She said that, because Hopper 3 has 16 tuners, nobody needs two Hopper 3's, and she said she is forbidden to authorize two on one account. I argued with her; I told her that lots of people in the past have got two Hopper 3's on one account. She implied I was mistaken. I told her I need two Hoppers because I wanted to keep my DVR recordings private to one Hopper (so that the kids can't see them). She, in essence, said "too bad". Will I have any better luck if I, instead of using the chat utility, phone Dish and personally speak with a representative on the phone?
YES

Reactions: charlesrshell
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)