Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mountain Do

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Wino Country
Summer's greetings

I'm curious about this inexpensive receiver that, although it appears to have been around for some years now, seems to have eluded any commentary from any consumers:

Evolution FTA X0-01 Free To Air Satellite Receiver

Even if this is just a clone, it seems that I should have been able to find SOME mention on the web, but - NO!

'Tain't alot of money to check it - but I thought sure I would find SOME sort of mention here. Can it be that it's simply not worthy of ANY att'n here?

Just curious, obviously

Thanks

MtDo

If you couldn't find any info, then it's probably new.
Or it's something old, marketed under a new name.
So, it's an unknown.

Good receivers have blind scan that works.
Good receives have USALS motor control that works.
And they have switch control that is reliable.
You can find discussion of many such receivers here on the forum.
But a used Coolsat 5000 or 6000 as recommended above, WILL do all those things quite well
For this receiver?... it's a crap-shoot.
You pays yer money, and ya takes yer chances.
Many receivers don't get any firmware support to fix bugs.
Depends on the importer and the popularity of the rig.

One importer we've been very happy with, is a Gold Sponsor here: SatelliteAV.
Couple of years back, he ram-rodded the Visionsat IV-200, and it got the firmware bugs beat out of it!
I'm very happy with mine.
Currently, he's got GeoSatPro branded receivers, and continues to keep those ahead of many others with excellent support.
You can check out the Hardware Review section for those receivers for more info.

yuck! I remember seeing those and they're pretty basic...not much features in those

as noted, a good Coolsat can be had at that price

Summer's greetings

I'm curious about this inexpensive receiver that, although it appears to have been around for some years now, seems to have eluded any commentary from any consumers:

Evolution FTA X0-01 Free To Air Satellite Receiver

Even if this is just a clone, it seems that I should have been able to find SOME mention on the web, but - NO!

'Tain't alot of money to check it - but I thought sure I would find SOME sort of mention here. Can it be that it's simply not worthy of ANY att'n here?

Just curious, obviously

Thanks

MtDo

It has the same NEC chip as the Fortec Mercury II and the Neusats, so blind scan could be as good as a fortec or as bas as a Neusat (at lest from my experience)... I say you should go for either a Pansat or a Coolsat instead of that evolution Receiver.

OK -- even I can detect the consistent direction of the sage advice here -- so I chickened out of the inexpensive experiment and went and got a dream machine (7100) instead. If someone doesn't jump out there, though, we may never know how good (or otherwise) their "deal" might be, but - as Bart would say : big deal.

Thank to you all!

MtDo

What 7100? A coolsat 7100?

Don't confuse a Coolsat 7000, 7100, or 6100 with a Coolsat 5000, or 6000.

Different beasts totally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts