Cheapest Source For A Cband dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
My dish swept too far east, hit a post and made a nice size hole in it.
The dish is almost toast.
Id get one for a song, but there far away, and being cold, I dont want to spend time taking one down.

So I was wondering If it would be cheaper for one of you guys to ship me a used one or buy a new dish and acuator from sadoun?

Shipping a BUD will be expensive.

Shipping a 2.4 M Geosat pro from Satellite AV in CA to my place would cost $350 for a 1000 mile trip. It is very compact to ship because all the petals stack. (still it is pretty big...) From what I heard, this is about the biggest dish that can go FedEx Green unless you ship truck freight. (pricier)

The 1.8 meter dish sadoun sells can go UPS or FedEx. Put one in Sadoun's cart and then calculate shipping using their web site.

Was it just a hole in the mesh? Was the frame bent? Why not post a picture of the damage? Maybe soneone can recommend repair or know where to get replacement parts.

Take a ladder to your nearest bank at say 3:35 am on a Tuesday, and remove the dish from their roof.

Cost of fuel $2.00, cost of the attorney for the the arrest and charges $5000.00, cost of seeing your face on the evening news coverage next day at 5pm priceless!

Try stopping at your local newspaper printer and ask for a few old Plates.
You could replace the bad mesh with solid panels.

You must live out there in the far reaches.

I'd look at the dish and consider fixing it. Is there one good section on it? If there were, I'd tape the back of that section with masking tape put some wood on the triangle, and throw a bag or two of concrete in there.

When it hardens, you could put that behind any damaged section and hammer it back into shape.

The other possxible option (and I don't know if this would work) would be to see if I could alternate mesh sections with aluminum flashing or or other sheet metal.

That's what I was mainly thinking before I became the owner of a spun aluminum solid 8 footer and a Birdview solid. Like" I could get that wrecked dish and then fix it , hmmmm"

shipping a 6 foot dish like Sadoun has costs maybe 40 bucks max. I have had 2 shipped to me and they were around 35 bucks for shipping to Minnesota

Tech you asked a question and do not seem to like the answer.

"What is the CHEAPEST way...."

Can it be repaired? If yes, That is the CHEAPEST. Get a Satellite Guy to repair it for you and be done!

Second, drive around a bit and find a free one to get some help and bring it home. Pay some one to set it up for you. If you buy one and pay the shipping, It is probably more that to fly in a forum member to repair and align yours!

The cheapest source is to drive around and find someone who no longer wants theirs. For example, there are at least 2 BUD's (besides mine) within 1/4 mile of my house. So just find one and ask the owner.

I got my 10' mesh from Craigslist for $75. Came with a polar mount, LNB, and reciever.
Shipping a 2.4 M Geosat pro from Satellite AV in CA to my place would cost $350 for a 1000 mile trip.
I live only about 8 miles from Satellite AV!

I'm thinking about switching from a 10 foot mesh to an 8 foot solid so I can get both C and KU band from a single motorized dish. I asked Satellite AV if they allow customer pickup and they said yes. So ZERO shipping cost for me. $325 plus tax for a solid 2.4 meter dish with a polar mount is VERY tempting.

I'm wondering if a solid 8 foot dish would also have better C-Band reception than a 10 foot mesh?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)