Cheapest way to get MRV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, 35 minutes and 3 CSRs later, I finally got MRV to be ACTIVATED on my account. For future reference, call technical support rather than the number they tell you to dial online and on the DVR. Anyways I hooked it up like this:

DSL Modem/Router -> Switch (WRT54G converted to switch) -> 2 HR22s.

And I'm happy to say that now I am running well with the MRV!

Well, 35 minutes and 3 CSRs later, I finally got MRV to be ACTIVATED on my account. For future reference, call technical support rather than the number they tell you to dial online and on the DVR. Anyways I hooked it up like this:

DSL Modem/Router -> Switch (WRT54G converted to switch) -> 2 HR22s.

And I'm happy to say that now I am running well with the MRV!

Good for you!

When you guys call in, say "cancel" and the prompt, this will get you to retention. Tell them you want to upgrade to MRV/DECA, but do not want to pay the 150. If they give you any crap, tell them you have Dish and cable knocking on your door to switch you over for free. ;)

When you guys call in, say "cancel" and the prompt, this will get you to retention. Tell them you want to upgrade to MRV/DECA, but do not want to pay the 150. If they give you any crap, tell them you have Dish and cable knocking on your door to switch you over for free. ;)
The only thing I'd say about that is that there's a lot of CSRs who simply don't know that you can do this without the DECA. You might just go in a circle trying to get what you want but trying it with the wrong person.

YMMV, but like I said, try getting a hold of technical support and just say that you want to Network your DVRs without the DECA, yes you understand that D* doesn't support this method, and that all you need is for them to activate it on their end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)