"Check Multi-Switch" Error on SWM System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lagman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
I started service with 2 TVs about 2 months ago, and everything had been fine up until about a week ago, when I noticed one of the TVs would get blocky at times. It seems to have gotten worse.. Now at times it cannot even lock the signal. A couple times, I've seen a message pop up saying my multi-switch is not wired correctly. The problem TV does have a longer cable run than the other TV, and the installer chose to use the existing wiring in the house instead of running his own line.

What could be causing this problem to occur? Seems like if the multi-switch was wired incorrectly, I would have seen the error a long time ago. Maybe bad cables?

Thanks,
Dan

Okay, try connecting the problem receiver directly to the dish. Bypass the SWM splitter. If the receiver starts working, then try a different output from the splitter. Also, check the coax going to that receiver for bad connections. Have you checked your signal strength? And compared them between receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts