Check out these so called satellite dish camo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
Last edited:
I can't speak for this particular 'rock', but I do recall some time ago, a company sold these for a dish (i think it was a fta) at his condo, they did not allow dishes, but allowed 'gardening', he got one of these rocks (again, I doubt it's the same one, since this was a loooooooooong time ago), and it worked good, it did slightly degrade his signal.

IIRC, the material was designed to have minimal effect on the signal, but I do not know how it would affect DBS..

I have seen a rock-type painted like granite (not sure if its that brand above) and it works well; 2 pt loss at best,; BUT installing the dish on the ground is the biggest no-no.

The umbrella and nylon covers work great, but the nylons sure aren't hiding much. Really makes it stick out more with the logos on them, but it does stop ice and snow build up for people that need a chimney mounted dish but afraid it will fill up with precip.

charper1 said:
I have seen a rock-type painted like granite (not sure if its that brand above) and it works well; 2 pt loss at best,; BUT installing the dish on the ground is the biggest no-no.

The umbrella and nylon covers work great, but the nylons sure aren't hiding much. Really makes it stick out more with the logos on them, but it does stop ice and snow build up for people that need a chimney mounted dish but afraid it will fill up with precip.

Yea, this guy had no other choice, he rented/shared a condo with someone that would not let him use a pole or balcony setup, and of course, roof or wall mounts were against condo policy (the condo had a deal with AT&T cable, now owned by concast, so dishes were a no-no, note, this was before the FCC ruled on Dish placements). He had to do this rock thing at night to boot.

I did, I can only ASSUME that they are made of the same signal penetrable material the logo covers are made of, but the "twig/limbs" should knock the signal down 3 or 4 pts I bet.

The Tate said:
Did anyone see the video of the leaves the guy put in front of the dish?

I think he would have been better off not even providing the video, at least not this one, of course I'm sure he's targetting those who don't know better. :\

It'd be neat to see Scott (or someone from here) review this thing, if for nothing else, to debunk it.

charper1 said:
I did, I can only ASSUME that they are made of the same signal penetrable material the logo covers are made of, but the "twig/limbs" should knock the signal down 3 or 4 pts I bet.

Yhea I did not think of that. I still do not see why anyone would want to put anything in front of the dish. I can understand a situation like an apartment or Homeowners Association. I cannot understand why you would want to make your dish look like a plant.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts