Help Dish or DirecTv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alton987

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I am stuck I am looking to get service now and need some advice.

I really like Directv programming. I am a big Football guy and they have a good deal with the Sunday ticket. Plus they have more children programming than Dish, and it cheaper.

My issue is hardware. I own a HDTV and really want a HD-DVR. I can tell you now I really am unimpressed with the 250. I never really like Tivo plus I think the device is way to SLOW. I was looking at the Dish ViP622 and it looks like a more capable machine plus its mpeg4 ready. Another issue is cost i can get a ViP622 for $199.99, A outdated 250 will cost $299.99. I know Directv is releasing a MPEG4 HDDVR but who knows when it will launch. Plus if a outdated 250 is $299 I do not want to know what a MPEG4 HDDVR form directv would cost.

I believe th ViP622 has some issue but it doesn't seem like nothing a firmware update would not fix.

Also I have DirectHD now with a Samsung TS360 put it is dyeing plus I been really unhappy with Dish's HDlite. Does any one else compared Dish's HDLITE?

Basically should I be patient and hope Directv launches a HDDVR or should I go with the equipment out their now from Dish

Thanks, any options are welcome.

You need to decide which is more important for you, HD or Football.

We can not weigh these options for you nor do we want you, you need to make the best decission for whats best for you and your family. :)

As Scott said, those are the two big questions I ask people who may ask me if they should go with Dish or Direct.

And it sounds like you like your Sunday Ticket.

D* is giving the HD-DVR free when you order the Sunday ticket. Plus in the next year D* will have much more HD channels than dish. So the choice is clear to me. Plus I don't want the dish Nazis calling my house harassing my wife for IRD numbers and card numbers!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)