Check Switch Error - No Signal from 61.5

lavkesh

Original poster
Feb 19, 2006
Hello,

I recently upgraded from my old single tuner HD receiver to Vip622.
I have another receiver 625 (SD DVR) connected as well. One Dish 1000 system and another Dish 500 for 61.5 (International Channels).

I have a DPP44 switch connected and also DPPlus splitter for Vip622.

The system worked fine for about 1 month and I wud get all the signals properly from all 4 satellites 119,110,129 and 61.5

For last 1 month I have this problem where as soon as try to go to any channel from 61.5, it wud fail to acquire signal. When I do Check Switch, it will give me "Conn" AND "X" for the 61.5 slot and rest are all OK. After a few repeated hard boots and Check Switches , I would get all 4 satellites OK. This is a very inconsistent problem, but seems to happen daily now. Sometimes on Check Switch, I run into Error 502, where Satellite Input 1 will give OK for all 4 Satellites, but Satellite Input 2 Will fail to lock 61.5 and the only way to come out of this is to remove one of the inputs from the back of Vip622 and then the receiver will work properly, but only with 1 Tuner. Also, when this problem happens, both my SD receiver and 622 will have similar issues. Even SD receiver will fail to lock onto 61.5 on Check Switch.

Anyone with any kind of suggestion?

Any help is greatly appreciated. This problem is very frustrating..

Thanks

Yes the power inserter of the 44 switch plugged in.
and yeah I probably meant the seprator.

When this error happnes the signal strength on 61.5 is 0

My parents just had a 211 and a 622 installed with DPP Twin on 110, 119 (D500) and 61.5 (D300).

They're using a Diplexer (backfeeding to remote TV's) and Separator on a single run from the Twin for the 622.

During install, the techs were having problems getting a consistent lock on 61.5 for one and then both receivers. Since then, I've noticed that there have been intermittant drops on the signal from 61.5, as indicated by the 622's set-up/info screens...

It seems strange because I have a very similar set-up and haven't experienced any problems... Poorly peaked antenna? Bad LNBF? Is the D300 problematic, i.e. too small for the job?

Not trying to hijack the thread, but it seemed like there were some similarities in the problem here...

How is the line of sight for the 61.5? Are there any tree branches/leaves in the way? The only thing I could think of would be a bad port on the 44 switch, the LNB on the 61.5 could be bad. I would start out by switching ports on the inputs for the 44 switch, switch port 4 with port 3 and do a check switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)