Check Switch error on DVR625

Acct70

Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
I recently purchased a DVR625 to replace my old 322. First day I get it, call dish, and it works fine. The next day, I am getting a "Check Switch" error and nothing will work. When I run "Check Switch" the 110 and 119 come up fine, but there is an error showing on 121. If I take the 322 and hook it back up, run check switch all 3 test OK. Any ideas?
Thanks

I'm going to assume your system has a DP34 switch in it, and that you know that the separator can't be used. Also remember if you have a DPP44 in the system it needs the power inserter on port one.

Yes, it is a Superdish with DP34. No separator, hooked up exactly as the 322.
Do I even need the 121 hooked up anymore? I think it used to carry locals, but looks like it is mostly international channels now, which I don't subscribe to.

You don't need 121. If the error bothers you just go to the switch and unplug it from the LNB in port. You'll have to run a check switch or two until you find which was is 121 and leave 110/119 plugged in. If the switch is outside don't forget to finger tighten the connectors then give them a quarter turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts