Check Switch issues - 622/Dish 1000

I am having pretty much the same problem. The tuner 2 will not stay locked in and then I get the please check switch screen and it shows something different everytime. Right now it's saying SW64 even though I have a Dish 1000 which should be DPP Twin. Tuner 2 just doesn't want to get more than 119 and it won't let me watch anything in this state. I don't understand why tuner 2 won't work right when it's coming off the same line? Also, I have an 811 that works fine so how could it be the DPP TWin if my other box is getting all channels with no issues? I may have some trees in the way since the growth of spring leaves but I have never had problems like this until I got the 622. If the 811 works then why doesn't the 622? Is it just a POS? No wonder people are buying up digital cable. I just want to watch tv not fool with the dish an hour a day. And why does the check switch have to take so long? There must be a better way.

first i would think its a bad sep, if the line is RG59 it could be burning out also there might be a barrel in line which could have water in the line i would call dish have them send a tech out you should have a 90 day warranty on your installation have him run you a new line and replaced the sep that should do it for you.

kelton325 said:
If you are experiencing similar to problems to what is described in this thread, it's probably your DPP Twin so make them fix it. If you have the knowledge/ability to switch the DPP Twin yourself (not hard at all), and don't want to sit around for a tech, insist that they send it out so you can do it yourself. Ask for a manager if you have to, and if they still resist, threaten to cancel. That was what did the trick for me. I also got a 2 week credit without any push back at all.

Hope everyone else gets their check switch problems resolved.

I had my DPP Twin replaced and it worked an hour and before problems returned-. Problems start in afternoon and its impossible to use after 6:00pm. Next morning it works fine. I have already cancelled twice but I guess three times is a charm. The receiver could be a great receiver if it actually worked longer than 8 hours a day. Sometimes if you go to point dish and switch between satellites, I get a wrong satellite detected in the 119 slot. The 110 is detected there sometimes or vice versa with 129. I have bypassed the separater and hooked to one input only and sometimes it will work on one tuner. Usually problems start in afternoon and the second tuner usually drops out first. Check switch produces goofy results like Quad, sw21 sw64,ect. I have had pretty much the same problems as evry one else and tried all fixes. Nada. I really hate this gremlin and think I will be switching back to directv. If only the installer hadn't cut the cables.

HB

Working in single mode

After finally getting it going again last night after having same trouble after the DPP Twin replacement. I switched from dual mode to single mode and it has not thrown a single error. I was wondering if its a receiver software or firmware problem instead of a hardware problem. The receiver might be misreporting the errors when in dual mode and there is actually no problem but the receiver thinks it is. What are the chances of getting two bad LNBs? I'll be testing the tuner in single mode and trying some recording using second tuner. If this works then I'll switch to dual mode and test if it starts failing again.

I know one thing. Once it gets into switch testing mood its hard to break it back out to normal. And usually its everytime I want to watch or record my favorite programs.

HB

The tech finally came to my house on Saturday and had to replace both the DPP Twin and the DP plus on the 61.5. It's been working fine since - fingers crossed. BTW, I only use it in single mode - love the PIP and the use of both tuners for quick channel changes- so I don't think it's a single vs. dual mode thing.

Bert

harlanba said:
I switched from dual mode to single mode and it has not thrown a single error. I was wondering if its a receiver software or firmware problem instead of a hardware problem. The receiver might be misreporting the errors when in dual mode and there is actually no problem but the receiver thinks it is.

The issues I was experiencing were all in Single Mode, so I don't think it was an issue related to dual mode, unless maybe you have a different problem. I have been going strong on the new DPP Twin for about 6 days now, everything is still working OK.

Single Doesn't Work Either

I left it on all day in single mode and when I returned the channel was still playing but as soon as I changed the channel it locked. Something else that bothers me is that it always wants to update the listings. Does it download any listings longer than 1/2 a day. Tech comes back tomorrow but i got this feeling that its not going to be fixed. I am going to get them to replace both the DP twin AGAIN along with the single also. Dish should get with the program and build a single three satellite LNB like Direcway. I never had one issue with the Direcway HD setup from the day it was installed.

HB

622 Check Switch Problem

The tech came back replaced the cable and separator. Was working fine. He was gone about 15 minutes and it lost connection. I'm starting to take pictures when its broke like like they do when its working. He said he was going to bring a new receiver, later today. At first I had my doubts about him but he has worked very hard to correct the problem and I'm starting feel sorry for the guy. Has anybody had to replace the receiver yet? I don't know what else it could be either. He said the receiver seemed awfully hot but my Directv Samsung ran much hotter than that. I guess I could move it over by the air conditioner vent. This is starting to suck. When it works its great. Problem is that it doesn't work very often. :mad:

HB

Finally fixed 622 Check Switch problems

Tech came yesterday with a new receiver. Replaced it and same problem. This pretty completes the replacement of all parts. Except for something I have never had much use for to begin with. I suggested to replace the ground block with some barrel connectors and test that. Receiver locked on and ran check switch immediately and quickly. Reconnected Ground block and receiver lost signals. Tech said we couldn't leave it without a ground block so he proceeded to replace it with differnet 2 ones until one finally seems to work okay. But if it happens again I'm saying bye bye ground block. I've had satellite dishs for 25 years and never had a ground block until the last 3 years. It seems kind of silly to expect a ground block with an 8 or 10 gauge wire to protect you from the load of a direct lightning strike anyway. Your going to have way more problems than fried satellite equipment. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts