Check switch problem

g182237

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Honolulu
I live in hawaii and have a dish pointed at 129. I get the channels I'm supposed to with good signal strength. However, whenever I run a check switch test, the 129 comes up with a red x, even though, like I said, I get the channels I'm supposed to from 129. When ever I turn my receiver on, it tells me that there is a problem with my switch and runs through its test. It seems to hang on test 3, so I usually go through the menu 6-1-1 and run a check switch test. Then I get the red x and cancel out. The guide data downloads and it's back to normal. Anyone know what the problem is? HI just recently got a bunch of new HD channels and I don't think too many people have a dish pointed at 129.

I don't have an answer to your problem, but you might want to read another current thread here.."AK and HI HD"...others are having the same issue so its not just you!

I'm having that same problem here in Hawaii. Are you also having problems with your program guide (in all Sub mode) showing some channels as that are not available in HI (i.e. HBOCY HD)? When you try to tune to them it gives an error message, but according to the guide they are available to you?

I'm wondering if this is related.

I'm having that same problem here in Hawaii. Are you also having problems with your program guide (in all Sub mode) showing some channels as that are not available in HI (i.e. HBOCY HD)? When you try to tune to them it gives an error message, but according to the guide they are available to you?

I'm wondering if this is related.

No, it is not related. The HD channels in red that you see are for the CONUS subs. coming from 129. We cannot get them because they are not on spotbeams for HI/AK. Are you having the check switch problem error message when you turn your receiver on too? Or do you get the red x only when you run a check switch through the menu 6-1-1?

No, it is not related. The HD channels in red that you see are for the CONUS subs. coming from 129. We cannot get them because they are not on spotbeams for HI/AK. Are you having the check switch problem error message when you turn your receiver on too? Or do you get the red x only when you run a check switch through the menu 6-1-1?

I think I wasn't clear before...those HD channels for CONUS subs are NOT in red for me. They are blue. When I tune to them, they don't come in of course, but the sat goes to the acquiring signal screen and hangs.

I do not have the problem you have when it powers up. As long as I don't tune to one of the CONUS channels then I have no problems (which I don't thanks to my favorites) although it makes the search feature a little cumbersome and it ruins DISHPass.

I do have the same problem of 129 showing up as a red X and mine hangs a bit on test 3 of the check switch test. I haven't tested it since Saturday, but I seem to remember it passed the test....it just took forever to do it. When I look at my signal strength for 129, most but not all of the TPs are locking in with great signal strength. The others are not locking in at all (i.e. locking in on 119 instead).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)