Checking Hard Drive

ZacharyAllenReynolds

Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Moundsville, WV
"Checking Hard Drive" replaces "System Integrity Check". Message is below:

Checking Hard Drive 770

Please do not interrupt this test. If this message has been on your screen for longer than 10 minutes, unlpug your receiver for 10 seconds and plug back in. The rest process should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.

9313707981_1a5ceac30a_o_d.jpgThis is the picture of the Checking Hard Drive message.

This happens every night after the system update at 3:00 AM. This is the "Checking Hard Drive" message with code "770". And yes, it completes, after 770, the reciever restarts and both TV1 and TV2 modes are off, and when I turn one of them on, Acquiring Signal 535 is on-screen.

Last edited:
If you continue to see this message, the receiver needs to be replaced, especially if you have already rebooted the receiver. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

This happens every night after the system update at 3:00 AM. This is the "Checking Hard Drive" message with code "770". And yes, it completes, after 770, the reciever restarts and both TV1 and TV2 modes are off, and when I turn one of them on, Acquiring Signal 535 is on-screen.

Ray, I think that is a normal part of the overnight reboot. Depending on the size of the ehd, I've seen it take over an hour on my original Hopper with a 2 tb ehd.

He doesn't have a Hopper, since he mentioned TV1 and TV2. I have 2 EHDs connected to my Hopper and I don't get this message after the nightly update. Thanks.

Ray, I think that is a normal part of the overnight reboot. Depending on the size of the ehd, I've seen it take over an hour on my original Hopper with a 2 tb ehd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts