Chicago Bears Blitz & Bears Recap blackout

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkmaldonado

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
I am a diehard Bears fan, so I set up my DVR to record their weekly recap shows on Comcast SportsNet Chicago (Bears Blitz & Bears Recap). When I go to watch the recorded program it displays a message that it only recorded for one minute and will not display anything if I even try to watch that one minute. Are these shows blacked out? I have NFL Sunday Ticket, Superfan and premier programing with the Sports Pack. Any ideas anybody?

It probably is. The Bears and/or Comcast Chicago can blackout programs like that out of the Chicago market. Many other RSNs do the same. If that's the case there isn't anything you can subscribe to/pay that will make it available to you.

I am a diehard Bears fan, so I set up my DVR to record their weekly recap shows on Comcast SportsNet Chicago (Bears Blitz & Bears Recap). When I go to watch the recorded program it displays a message that it only recorded for one minute and will not display anything if I even try to watch that one minute. Are these shows blacked out? I have NFL Sunday Ticket, Superfan and premier programing with the Sports Pack. Any ideas anybody?

What is your zip code; what DMA are you in?

I asked CSN about this since I'm also blacked out for these shows but have NFL-ST. Was told that's the NFL rules since they show highlites of the games they are required to black them out if you're not in the Bears home team area.

Thanks for all of the info. I live in Connecticut so that is probably why I can't view the shows.

Yeah...2 years ago during their Super Bowl run it was hit or miss. I think they blacked out Bears Blitz once. Most of the time it was Bears Press Conference that got blacked out (2 or 3 times.) Luckily they didn't black out a thing once the playoffs started.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)