Chicago installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pat_needs_the_dish

Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
Chicago
Hi all. I recently moved to Chicago as a renter of a single family home. The home is vintage and has sentimental value to the owner, and as such he has so far resisted my request to install DirecTV due to hole drilling in the roof and walls. He is sympathetic to my request though, and I think we can find a compromise via work around solutions as long as I can find a cooperative installer.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for DirecTV contractors/installers on the north side of Chicago? I am thinking I may need to pay for the install out of pocket, outside of the regular DirecTV process, for sake of convenience, so I can have the installer, owner, and myself there to work out any and all issues on the spot.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi all. I recently moved to Chicago as a renter of a single family home. The home is vintage and has sentimental value to the owner, and as such he has so far resisted my request to install DirecTV due to hole drilling in the roof and walls. He is sympathetic to my request though, and I think we can find a compromise via work around solutions as long as I can find a cooperative installer.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for DirecTV contractors/installers on the north side of Chicago? I am thinking I may need to pay for the install out of pocket, outside of the regular DirecTV process, for sake of convenience, so I can have the installer, owner, and myself there to work out any and all issues on the spot.

Thanks in advance for the help!

You have the option of a pole mount - assuming that you can find a place to put it that gives you a clear line of sight to the satellites.

Your other issue is how to get the coax into the house without drilling holes - they do make a flat coax that you can run through a window, however there are 2 big issues with this. The cable itself doesn't hold up well and you need to seal the rest of the gap against winter.

Good luck - you CAN do this!

(And since you are now on the north side - GO CUBBIES!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)