Chicago, LA and SHVIA and moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
OK can someone help me out here. I live in Chicago and have waivers for 3 of the 4 networks. I assume I will lose these Jan. 1, 2005.

If I move to a white area that has Chicago locals and DNS will I be able to do this after Jan 1.? I know that the satellite company gives your address to the local affiliate. Would that be the local affiliate the Chicago affiliate or the local affiliate in the town I move to? ALSO why would the local station care since I am able to receive the DNS because of the white area? Also why would Chicago care because they see live in a white area?

If I move to Los Angeles will anyone know ? Since I would be getting LA locals and Not DNS my address and name would not be reported to any station right? Also what stations would I get in Chicago (LA locals on Conus only? The networks plus KTLA and KCAL?) Would those channels appear in the 380's or on the low local numbers?

Finally if I move to an area with no locals just DNS I would not be reported to anyone right?

BOTTOM LINE if they provide your name and address who cares since when the station looks at your address they will see you are eligible right? They dont check the mailing address?

NY/LA locals are in the 380s, and for Los Angeles, you only get the four majors (KCBS, KNBC, KABC, KTTV). No KTLA or KCAL (I wish I could!).

I'd love it if they added KTLA, KCAL & KCOP for Los Angeles and WPIX & WWOR for New York. But, of course, we know better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)