chico/redding ca has two cw and my tv channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dodger72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 17, 2009
Anderson, California, United States
for the last month or so there has been two cw and my tv channels in the guide and i can tune to each channel twice. i am thinking they are trying to go hd, but both channels in the pair look the same. it happens on all recievers. i am just curious

I know when Directv adds a HD station sometimes both the SD & HD version stay in the guide. What I use ot do was go into menu, settings, then display. Change it from "Hide SD duplicates" to "Show all" (it will say may take a few minutes to update) then change back to "Hide SD duplicates". That removes the SD version

Looking at some old charts the My Net and CW have been in HD on Directv for at least 2 months

If you have the SD channel in a favorite I wonder if it stays even though you have "SD hidden"

Here is an option too. The SD locals for your area are on 119. Go into the favorite settings (menu, setup, favorites or something close to that ;))
When it shows the list to select your favorites the locals on a HD satellite have a "A3" in the title. I guess you can see if one has A3 and one doesn't.

Other than that I'm out of ideas ;)

Portland, OR does a similar thing with ION... I always thought it was because the local feed possibly has some sports. For the most part, ION "local channels" are just a remap of the national feed...

Most Ion stations are identical to the national feed. Early morning, local feeds sometimes have religious shows or alternate paid programming.

for the last month or so there has been two cw and my tv channels in the guide and i can tune to each channel twice. i am thinking they are trying to go hd, but both channels in the pair look the same. it happens on all recievers. i am just curious
It appears your CW MPEG2 SD is on 101° while the MyNet MPEG2 SD is on 119° (and your remaining SD locals) . Both each also have a MPEG4 (presumably SD at this time) version on 99°s. As Iceberg explained above, if you arrow over to the far left with the cursor in the program guide (highlighting the call sign) the MPEG4 version should have A3 preceding the other channel info in the top center of the guide.

The feeds on the 99°s satellite could change from SD to HD (as there already MPEG4 format) at anytime so you just have to check them often. The ones on the 101/119 satellites will remain in SD for the foreseeable future.

Found out that the reason you can't remove the one version is because both are SD. Directv is adding MPEG4 versions of stations on the HD sats. These are done in markets where the SD locals are on 119. I am assuming this is so that when someone gets HD as a new customer they don't have to install a SL5 for one MPEG2 local that is on 119.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)