China to build BD players next year

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And if this were the PIt, I'd say I really don't care.
I think this ain't such a good idea...
Another president like the one you have, and you might be happy to afford shopping at Walmart.
If Walmart sticks around, that is...

Chinese have a probem?
Only one I can imagine: whether to let the US prosper. I wouldn't bet on their decision. Amen...

Diogen.

Do you always have to be a *erk???

Funny, I guess since no one listens to the broken record anymore, this is the best it can come up with.

And yes, when guys get political in an area it has no place for, I can actually be a D***.

BTW, if you actually contributed to more of this site other than to say the same ol tune in here, you'd see Im not "always a *erk".

So how about lets try getting back on topic?

Funny, I guess since no one listens to the broken record anymore, this is the best it can come up with.
And yes, when guys get political in an area it has no place for, I can actually be a D***.

BTW, if you actually contributed to more of this site other than to say the same ol tune in here, you'd see Im not "always a *erk".

So how about lets try getting back on topic?
You seem to be a "D***" for more then just political topics. Anyone who disagrees with you seems to get the "D***" treatment. Everyone has a right to their view.

Back on topic weren't you apart of the clan that question the potential quality of the rumored Chinese HD DVD players? But now anyone who does that now gets the D*** treatment. Or maybe I should ask where is your skepticism now that the Chinese are going to build BD? You know the way you pick and chose what side of a topic to stand on brings your credibility into question. If the Chinese are for BD its OK, if the Chinese are for something else its bad. Man up and stand with your previous views even if it turns out that you have to eat crow from time to time.

Hey genius, i have not said anything in this thread about the Chinese players being of good quality. I thanked Diogen (which I thought was a big step forward for me) for posting the article, then stated that I hope to see the JAPANESE Funai players at $199, especially at Wally World. Im personally skeptical of cheap and off brand electronics, I usually buy bigger brand stuff. We'll see more when someone reviews it(if they even come out). Seeing SatinKzo's review of the Funai, I'd recommend it to someone who just wanted to watch Blu-rays and save a few bucks, someone like my father in law (proud owner of a $45 dvd player).

I'd also like to know where I questioned anyone about their comments on Chinese quality in this thread?? I took issue with it being political. As far as credibility, at lease I have some to question :rolleyes:

So, did I man up enough for you on something that was incorrect on your part? Also, "ANYONE" really just pertains you at this point and me being a D***. You've brought that on yourself. Buh bye.

Your passion against the rumored HD DVD Chinese player has not been on display since the announcement the Chinese would be allowed to manufacture BD players. You posted early and often when the shoe was on the other foot. Now nothing much from you on that front other then a token comment or two. Credibility???

Yepp, its pretty obvious my skepticism of Chinese players, you obviously have heard it enough to remember(ive never denied it). So, what you're saying is, if you quit repeating your stance (even though you have made no annoucement to believing the contrary) it means you've changed your mine and have become a hypocrite?

Hmmmm. Begining to explain why you sound like a broken record, either that or you think we all suffer from short term memory loss.

Yepp, its pretty obvious my skepticism of Chinese players, you obviously have heard it enough to remember(ive never denied it).
Since you ducked my question last time I'll ask again considering you never denied it. Where is your passion against Chinese players now that BD has allowed them to maunfacturer it? That same passion that you were all to willing to display when HD DVD were to have Chinese players. I doubt you'll ever answer the question for fear you'd expose your self. Tough dilemma your in, man up and look like the hypocrite you are or play words games and talk around the point and look like the bluray fanboy you are. We’ll find out shortly…

They make pills for your condition. If the players are junk(which they may be), Id soon not see them as BD players.If it drives down the big brand prices, I guess its worth it. Cheap is not always better(i know its hard for you to grasp). Im not going to view them as the savior of BD either, because we see that thinking helped HDDVD. If they arrive, are $150 and are decent players, Ill admit I'm glad they are here.

Im in no dilemma. As Ive said before, most on here know your agenda now, and we dont care. Its just quite amusing watching you waste your time. Neck car is on, see ya.

And I'd like you to address this noninflammatory post.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1378300-post18.html

Forgot to add that it was a great post BTW.

Ill be surprised is anyone of the few will agree with it. They can't seem the grasp the fact that BD Live features most likely wont matter to the masses. But as we know, admitting the low priority of BD Live would leave them very little to complain about. Price issues are slowly going away, so all that leaves is the whole internal decoding issue. ;)

They did not use much lube :eek:
Price issues are slowly going away
Were you on Mars the last week or so when Panasonic revealed the $700 BD50 or Pioneers pair for $600 abd $800 respectively? Where were you when the report came out that BD prices have risen since New Years? Each time you make one of these outlandish comments your credibility continues to take a noise dive. Its really sad that the other usual suspects would rather be your yes man rather than call you on your BS. Remember your recent post(above) when the BD50 was released.

so all that leaves is the whole internal decoding issue. ;)
Is this an attempt at trying to minimize the need for internal decoding because maybe .05% of the people has AVR that can handle it?

And I'd like you to address this noninflammatory post.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1378300-post18.html[/quote] I’ll answer you by saying as many people maybe more have the need and capability for connectivity as do people that have AVR that can decode HD audio.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1378300-post18.html[/quote] I’ll answer you by saying as many people maybe more have the need and capability for connectivity as do people that have AVR that can decode HD audio.

Prove that J6P and the masses are interested in advanced features with some facts and not just a statement of personal beliefs. There is a difference between need and capability. Many people have the capability to connect, maybe not at a decent speed, but that doesn't mean they need to connect for anything more than surfing or checking their e-mail. SHow us the need and show us how J6P is going to be sold on this idea. The only online interactive idea I enjoyed with HD-DVD was the host a viewing on the HP flick. Everything else was worthless.

S~

Last edited:
Is this an attempt at trying to minimize the need for internal decoding because maybe .05% of the people has AVR that can handle it?

Now we're going from 1% to 0.05%. Some evidence would be nice, links to sales stats, etc. Since the introduction of HDM, the sales of receivers with advanced decoding have led all receiver sales and continue to increase. CE manufacturers look for J6P to upgrade their components much more frequently than the high end user, an average of 2-3 years. None of the high-end pre/pros at this time offer advanced decoding (I don't consider Denon high end. Mid-range). Most don't even offer an HDMI solution. Lexicon has no announcement at this time and the Krell keeps getting pushed, if you want to pay 28K.

How may J6P's even have their equipment hooked up properly? There are a lot of HDM users here, at AVS, and other sites who simply run their player into their TV or use an optical connection.

No one disagrees that internal decoding of all advanced audio codecs is not important. The fact is until recently there has been no chipset that can handle it. I need one for my Lexicon. I don't need it for my Integra. There is a market for both. What may not feed your needs, may fit someone else's.

S~

Prove that J6P and the masses are interested in advanced features with some facts and not just a statement of personal beliefs.
That would be like me asking you to prove that all these players that can’t decode internally HD audio will be paired with the newest AVR that will allow customers to enjoy half the HD experience. I’m pretty sure that polling done by BD shows that there is a growing interest for 2.0 features, or else they wouldn’t be increasing its exposure through advertising and additional releases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)