*Choice..losing channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

seavu

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
I am in Florida with StarChoice. Worked fine for the first month and now almost daily I lose certain channels..but not all. I have two receivers and same results on both IRDs. What can I check out to see if my "settings" are correct? The LNB is double with 4 connections..does it matter where I feed my 2 RG6 cables to these 4 connections on the LNB? thanks in advance......

you may need to repeak your dish, you may be loosing F1 or F2 (depending on the channel)

What channels are you loosing? have you tried doing a signal level check at that time?

What type of dish is this? a 60E or 75E? If its a 60E, its too small to work effectively in Florida, and you should upgrade to a 75E. Does this happen at certian times? like when its raining or foggy?

I'm thinking of repeaking the dish to see what happens. I'm losing the US networks, most of CBC and CTV. Get TSN solid and a few others OK with no problems. I have the 75e dish. Sunny days and I no problems, not rain fade. Signal on average runs around 70%...thanks.

Do you have an HD reciever? (DSR5xx or DSR4xx+HDD200) Do you loose your HD channels at all?

The CBCs are all on F1.

Do you have any kind of multiswitch or just directly connected to the dish?

seavu said:
I'm thinking of repeaking the dish to see what happens. I'm losing the US networks, most of CBC and CTV. Get TSN solid and a few others OK with no problems. I have the 75e dish. Sunny days and I no problems, not rain fade. Signal on average runs around 70%...thanks.

Where are you located in Florida?

No HD receivers, connect direct with the dish..no switches. I think my problem is perhaps more wind related. Observing the dish in gusty winds, the dish shakes a little, maybe just enough to mess up the reception. I'm going to relocate the dish to a more stable fixture. Re the LNBF and the 4 connections, does it matter which of the 4 I connect to with my 2 RG6 feeds??? Thanks