Bell free channels?

NYDutch

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2013
Where our wheels go
Just a quick question of no real consequence: I helped a fellow camper dial in his sat dish today when he was getting frustrated trying to hit the Dish eastern arc sats using a $10 meter that showed he had a good signal. When I stuck my meter on his dish, I found he was dialed in on the Bell 82 sat, and it only took a minute to swing over to the Dish sats. But that got me wondering if there were any free channels on Bell's 82 or 91 sats that would show up on a Dish receiver? Dish has a few channels that don't need a subscription, but I don't know about Bell. Oh, and we're in upstate NY, so Bell coverage isn't an issue.

Last edited:
You're thinking in the past. There are no free channels on either service except one on dish, Velocity, boring. I don't think Bell even has a barker channel right now. In fact I just mothballed the stuff I had setup for open channels on those sats because there never was anything there anymore.

You're thinking in the past. There are no free channels on either service except one on dish, Velocity, boring. I don't think Bell even has a barker channel right now. In fact I just mothballed the stuff I had setup for open channels on those sats because there never was anything there anymore.
I recall Dish having a 2-3 promotional channels that were available without activating a receiver. I've used them in the past to set up a dish and receiver prior to activation. Are they gone now? Since my receivers are activated, I can't test it myself...

If you have a Bell receiver, there are free channels. Everything in free preview is in the clear. Since I cancelled bell service last summer, I've watched and recorded stuff from both Canadian premium services and basic channels too numerous to list. And they often stay in free preview for months.

Just a quick question of no real consequence: I helped a fellow camper dial in his sat dish today when he was getting frustrated trying to hit the Dish eastern arc sats using a $10 meter that showed he had a good signal. When I stuck my meter on his dish, I found he was dialed in on the Bell 82 sat, and it only took a minute to swing over to the Dish sats. But that got me wondering if there were any free channels on Bell's 82 or 91 sats that would show up on a Dish receiver? Dish has a few channels that don't need a subscription, but I don't know about Bell. Oh, and we're in upstate NY, so Bell coverage isn't an issue.

Bell always offers a couple of channels free as a preview. I cancelled Bell again recently and am able to watch their preview stations without problem. It simply requires you to go to the guide and scroll to the available channels.

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts