Choice Ultimate??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well you know it's not even available yet until 2/9...
But the rumors on the other board say it's going to probably be Choice Xtra w/all the Encores, both TMC's & Sundance. This is to compete w/DISH's AT250. (again, all rumors from the other posts)
I don't care about any of these, so I'm staying on my grandfathered TC+ & still saving $2.50 even after the prices go up in February...

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=171114

But the rumors on the other board say it's going to probably be Choice Xtra w/all the Encores, both TMC's & Sundance. This is to compete w/DISH's AT250. (again, all rumors from the other posts)
I don't care about any of these, so I'm staying on my grandfathered TC+ & still saving $2.50 even after the prices go up in February...

New DirecTV Choice ULTIMATE Package ?? - DBSTalk.Com

I'm in the same boat as you, keeping my grandfathered TC+ and saving money to do it :up
It's the same channels as the upgraded one, just a few dollars cheaper.

New DirecTV Choice ULTIMATE Package ?? - DBSTalk.Com

I could be wrong, but I suspect if these are the channels in the new Choice Ultimate pack coming Feb 9, which does makes since, the
Encore channels will be removed from the Starz pack and the TMC and Sundance channels from the Showtime pack, at least for new subs. Of course this is pure speculation on my part. Knowing how D* has made changes in the past, if I am correct current subs with these premium packs would likely be grandfathered in to keep those channels unless they make changes.

I could be wrong, but I suspect if these are the channels in the new Choice Ultimate pack coming Feb 9, which does makes since, the
Encore channels will be removed from the Starz pack and the TMC and Sundance channels from the Showtime pack, at least for new subs. Of course this is pure speculation on my part. Knowing how D* has made changes in the past, if I am correct current subs with these premium packs would likely be grandfathered in to keep those channels unless they make changes.

I might be a little confused about this one. I'm a Premier sub so wouldn't that mean I'd continue getting all of the Encore's regardless of a change in the "total" packages?

I'd guess we won't know unitl after 2/9, but it sounds like it is a new package above Choice Plus similiar to Dish's AT250, which has a few of the lower tier premiums.

Encore's, Movie Channel, Sundance are examples.

For $5 more than Choice Plus, could be a good seller, especially if some of those get HD.

All the speculation is simply because a FAQ in the music section lists Choice Ultimate as a pacage that has 3 more music stations than Choice Plus.

I'm in the same boat as you, keeping my grandfathered TC+ and saving money to do it :up
It's the same channels as the upgraded one, just a few dollars cheaper.

We have the grandfathered TC+ as well - however could you explain what the difference is between the TC+ and the Extra since I can't find anything that explains what the difference is since the TC+ isn't offered anymore.

I would like to know what I'm giving up if this Choice Ultimate is what is rumored.

Thx

We have the grandfathered TC+ as well - however could you explain what the difference is between the TC+ and the Extra since I can't find anything that explains what the difference is since the TC+ isn't offered anymore.

Thx

The only difference is price. Before it was $3 cheaper (I think), but with the price increases the gap is lowered to $1.50 or $2.50 (can't remember which).

Channel lineup from Total Choice Xtra to Choice Plus is the same.

I can stat that there has been no agent training on a new package or mentions of it yet. Agents tend to at least get a month of to do Online Learning Excerises trainings before they make said changes.
At this point the only thing I have known for sure that the names Plus DVR and Plus HD DVR packages are beign retired and getting new names to stop confusion between the package and the recivers.

The only difference is price. Before it was $3 cheaper (I think), but with the price increases the gap is lowered to $1.50 or $2.50 (can't remember which).

Channel lineup from Total Choice Xtra to Choice Plus is the same.

Not correct there are extra channels in choice xtra that are not in TC +

here is the list

# Channel Name
359 FOX Business Network
HD simulcast
338 GMC
76, 281 HD Theater
HD Access required.
79, 306 HDNet
HD Access required.

313 Jewelry Television Network
447 ONCE (ESP)
Multi-sat equipment required. 119 satellite.
274 Ovation TV
875 SONC: Hurbano
871 SONC: Latin Contemporary
879 SONC: Latin Jazz
872 SONC: Musica De Las Americas
878 SONC: Rock en Espanol
874 SONC: Salsa
848 Sirius XM: Coffeehouse
829 Sirius XM: Hair Nation
830 Sirius XM: Boneyard

here is the list

# Channel Name
359 FOX Business Network
HD simulcast
338 GMC
76, 281 HD Theater
HD Access required.
79, 306 HDNet
HD Access required.

313 Jewelry Television Network
447 ONCE (ESP)
Multi-sat equipment required. 119 satellite.
274 Ovation TV
875 SONC: Hurbano
871 SONC: Latin Contemporary
879 SONC: Latin Jazz
872 SONC: Musica De Las Americas
878 SONC: Rock en Espanol
874 SONC: Salsa
848 Sirius XM: Coffeehouse
829 Sirius XM: Hair Nation
830 Sirius XM: Boneyard

Stone,
306 HD Net is part of the TC+ package ....

Very few channels that I would find useful between the two to make me want to go to the newer package.

I really don't care about the different music channels in the upgraded package .

HD Theatre would be nice, but not enough to make the change.

fwiw, it would be nice if you still had ACCESS to the programming package that I/We have, I don't know if it's anywhere on the website anymore to compare the difference.
It use to be available, but since they want people to move to the higher package, they moved the older packages off the site I guess.

Stone,
306 HD Net is part of the TC+ package ....

Very few channels that I would find useful between the two to make me want to go to the newer package.

I really don't care about the different music channels in the upgraded package .

HD Theatre would be nice, but not enough to make the change.

fwiw, it would be nice if you still had ACCESS to the programming package that I/We have, I don't know if it's anywhere on the website anymore to compare the difference.
It use to be available, but since they want people to move to the higher package, they moved the older packages off the site I guess.

That list was pulled from our package compare tool that agents use.

here is the list

You're right there are some differences now, but not many.

When they did the initial switch, the packages were the same, just one $3 higher.
Over the past couple years they've stopped including some new channels in the "total" pacakages.

I can stat that there has been no agent training on a new package or mentions of it yet. Agents tend to at least get a month of to do Online Learning Excerises trainings before they make said changes.
At this point the only thing I have known for sure that the names Plus DVR and Plus HD DVR packages are beign retired and getting new names to stop confusion between the package and the recivers.

We're probably further out than 2/9 if the CSRs have no training / info as of yet.

That list was pulled from our package compare tool that agents use.

Well then D* needs to fix that "tool", because I get EVERY one of those channels, & have since each of them came on the air. I even just double-checked every one before I posted & they still come in. :eek:
TC+ here w/HD access.

You're right there are some differences now, but not many.

When they did the initial switch, the packages were the same, just one $3 higher.
Over the past couple years they've stopped including some new channels in the "total" pacakages.

Then can you tell me any others, because I've compared TC+ & Choice Xtra with several others with both packages. Every time, they are one & the same.

I'm sure some other TC+ subs will chime in here with the same findings... ;)

Well then D* needs to fix that "tool", because I get EVERY one of those channels, & have since each of them came on the air. I even just double-checked every one before I posted & they still come in. :eek:
TC+ here w/HD access.

Then can you tell me any others, because I've compared TC+ & Choice Xtra with several others with both packages. Every time, they are one & the same.

Chime!

TC+ here w/HD access.

I was going by what Stonecold said, I don't have Total Choice.

If you're getting the channels though, then more power to you all ;)

Originally I thought they were completely the same, except price

OK, right from DirecTV dealers info - here is what will be in Choice Ultimate over Choice Xtra:

CHOICE ULTIMATE™, the new package launching 2/9/10, has a few more music channels
and the following 11 extra premium movie channels over the CHOICE XTRA™ package:

1. Encore Action
2. Encore Drama
3. Encore East
4. Encore Love
5. Encore Mystery
6. Encore WAM
7. Encore West
8. Encore Westerns
9. The Movie Channel (East)
10. The Movie Channel (West)
11. Sundance

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts