Choppy/stuttering image on sitcoms

mentsmin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Ok, I'm at a loss on this one. About two months ago we purchased a new LCD/LED set (Samsung UN46F6300). The image generally looks good; however, certain programming exhibits a strange behavior that drives me crazy.

Portions of that image appear choppy or seem to stutter--I usually notice it in head movements. I only notice it on certain programs, which all seem to share similar characteristics. Examples would be Modern Family, The Middle, 30 Rock, Big Bang, etc. (similar style of filming?). I don't see it on sports or even longer format dramatic shows. The choppiness is reproducible on the DVR. No issues with blu-Ray, amazon/netflix, etc.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think this might be limited to the local channels(?) I also don't remember seeing this with our old samsung 720 plasma. This isn't an issue with motionplus, although that doesn't fix it either.

I've found a few mentions of this online, but nothing definitively identifying the problem or a possible solution. Anyone else experienced this?

We have a hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts