Christmas gifts from DISH!

Damn I just upgraded to HD (722) this past weekend and they said I couldn't use these prices since I already upgraded. The installer has had to come out 3 times since then and probably will have to again since he is having trouble finding a good signal on 129. Well I guess it won't be the first time I have been ripped off...:(

Can I use Dishin it Up during this promotion even if I have used Dishin it Up once before this past year?

Just contacted Dish regarding why Cinemax hadn't been activated yet for me...apparently a work order has to be completed before they can add channels. Another thing I didn't know--my install was pushed back from 12/23 to 01/05. CSR I spoke to on the phone neglected to mention that. Not a huge deal as it gives me another week and a half to clear off my 510 but I still would've liked to have known beforehand!

(if ddgtomahawk is lurking--do you know if the price guarantee on DVRAdvantage...ie no increase for a year will still be valid then?)

The $49.99 per month package price, which is price guaranteed until 1/31/2009 includes the following:
  • America's Top 200 programming
  • Local Channels
  • One DVR Service Fee
What services do you have I can get you a more direct answer?

Does this work if I wanted to just add a new reciever in my bedroom? I already have 2 dual tuner receivers.

Well if you lease both then no you can only have a total of four tuners leased. 2 dual tuner which is a total of four tuners. Now if you own one yeah you can add a third receiver, your other option if you lease both is just to replace one of the recevers you have now.( Of course you realise this just stating it)

Can I use Dishin it Up during this promotion even if I have used Dishin it Up once before this past year?

There is a limit of one DISH'n It Up transaction per rolling 12 months, so if you did it last year you should be fine unless you did it in december ...then you have to wait until its been a year.:D

Does the upgrade include installation?

If I upgrade an existing 522 to a ViP622/722 does the upgrade include installation? I have a DishPro500 antenna now. Will the install include the Dish 1000+ antenna or will that be a separate charge?

The $49.99 per month package price, which is price guaranteed until 1/31/2009 includes the following:
  • America's Top 200 programming
  • Local Channels
  • One DVR Service Fee
What services do you have I can get you a more direct answer?

What I meant was will they keep the $49.99 plan price in place when the inevitable rate increase is announced either next month or in February or is there a deadline date to signup for the 49.99 price?

If I upgrade an existing 522 to a ViP622/722 does the upgrade include installation? I have a DishPro500 antenna now. Will the install include the Dish 1000+ antenna or will that be a separate charge?
The price includes installation and the dish 1000+ if your programming requires it.

What I meant was will they keep the $49.99 plan price in place when the inevitable rate increase is announced either next month or in February or is there a deadline date to signup for the 49.99 price?
There is not a deadline date for signup and that offer is valid to 2009, but requirments can always change.

I lease a 622, I'd like to add a 211. With this deal, will I own the 211 or is it a lease? I 'm guessing that either way I'll be incurring an additional monthly charge of 5 or 6 bucks for either lease or additional receiver fee.

Fran

Under this program, is there a new 18 month commitment required? And are the receivers new or refurbs?

I'm wondering if I should do this for my grandma. She has an old IR only RX, and is always complaining to me she can't change channels from the bedroom and the box is in the living room (have pyramids, but not 100% reliable). She's been an anual sub payer for years so I'm sure no contract. What new RX's would be simple to use, no DVR needed, and have RF remote?

I'm wondering if I should do this for my grandma. She has an old IR only RX, and is always complaining to me she can't change channels from the bedroom and the box is in the living room (have pyramids, but not 100% reliable). She's been an anual sub payer for years so I'm sure no contract. What new RX's would be simple to use, no DVR needed, and have RF remote?

So she has mirrored t.v.'s? And does she have a home phoneline? Well if she has a basic two room then the 322 receiver which handles uhf alot better then pyramids also the rooms will be independent;)!

So she has mirrored t.v.'s? And does she have a home phoneline? Well if she has a basic two room then the 322 receiver which handles uhf alot better then pyramids also the rooms will be independent;)!

Yes, the output goes to 3 tv's in the house, and she's alone so no need for any dual tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts