Christmas gifts from DISH!

I just called and ordered a 622. The csr found the promotion quickly, but insisted that it needed to be installed. I was hoping for a self install, being my second 622. I also hate to sign up for another 18 month commitment, but the price was too good to turn down.

I just ordered a 722 for the $49 price after the rebate. I tried to do this Monday and the CSR was firm on the $99 price so I told her to forget it. I also used a different phone number that I found posted in another thread and got a tech that really knew his stuff - and even spoke english without an accent, so if you get the runaround try 866-419-5782.

I just ordered a 722 for the $49 price after the rebate. I tried to do this Monday and the CSR was firm on the $99 price so I told her to forget it. I also used a different phone number that I found posted in another thread and got a tech that really knew his stuff - and even spoke english without an accent, so if you get the runaround try 866-419-5782.

Thats correct I posted that number in a previous post that is a direct number to tech support mainly based in the U.S., because its advanced support please do not abuse the number use it when necessary! I am really glad to hear the number is helping also glad everbody is jumping on this promotion. I just got a call from one of yall the other day and upgraded him myself. This promotion ends the 24th!!! So try it out:cool:!

I posted this on a different thread I started,
I just got off the phone with Dish and this don't make much sense. So maybe someone can explain.

I asked DN about the $99 Christmas special. The DN salesman checked and he said I could get the 622 DVR for $63.
I asked if I would also get the rebate and he said yes. (He did not specify the rebate amount) He was clear that only $63 would be charged. This was going to be for the 622DVR. They are going to install it on the 28th. I figure they would just mail it to me.

Call 1-866-419-5782 and verify the order is on the account, I would verify it but I would have to have your account info thats really odd you were advised that. Did they take credit card info?

awesome phone number to the call center in VA!

Got me setup for 150 bucks for a vip722 free install.

he explained that it's only for people who hav ehad service for 12+ months.......so whatever, 50 hours of HD recording here i come!

ddgtomohawk,

Thanks for all the info you are giving us.

I don't know if you saw my message regarding installation in my area (Gaithersburg, MD. 20878). I am a little worried about installation since a lot of people are having problems, can you recommend me a reliable installer in my area?

Also, I need a dish pointing to 61.5 for the HD locals, is this installation free or I will be charge?

I would like to get a HD/DVR 622 and a single tuner DVR, these will be free after rebates, right?

Sorry for to many questions and concerns, but this is nor my area, and I am not young anymore and I want to be certain, and make no mistakes

Thanks,

awesome phone number to the call center in VA!

Got me setup for 150 bucks for a vip722 free install.

he explained that it's only for people who hav ehad service for 12+ months.......so whatever, 50 hours of HD recording here i come!
Well its not the same callcenter everytime you call but yeah it works! Glad to hear it!

ddgtomahawk

I called the number and he confired for the $63. The person I spoke to said he could not see if I was going to get a rebate like the guy said. He also said he can't offer it at that price but could do the $99. He is going to send me a rebate form. He said the rebate dont make any sense especially if I got it for $63.

ddgtomohawk,

Thanks for all the info you are giving us.

I don't know if you saw my message regarding installation in my area (Gaithersburg, MD. 20878). I am a little worried about installation since a lot of people are having problems, can you recommend me a reliable installer in my area?

Also, I need a dish pointing to 61.5 for the HD locals, is this installation free or I will be charge?

I would like to get a HD/DVR 622 and a single tuner DVR, these will be free after rebates, right?

Sorry for to many questions and concerns, but this is nor my area, and I am not young anymore and I want to be certain, and make no mistakes

Thanks,

The VIP622 receiver would be $99 upfront free after rebate (the 722 is only $50 more and huge bang for your buck -hd VOD 350 sd hours 55 hours hd of recording) Now for installation its all included and we will have a installer come out so if there are any issue we have a 90 day warranty. You really should be fine with who we send out there are not extra charge for 61.5 if its needed.

ddgtomahawk

I called the number and he confired for the $63. The person I spoke to said he could not see if I was going to get a rebate like the guy said. He also said he can't offer it at that price but could do the $99. He is going to send me a rebate form. He said the rebate dont make any sense especially if I got it for $63.
Wow i would love to see your account! Hey if they confirmed you should be good to go. Just get the redemption form off of dishnetwork.com bottom of the home page.

We will see how things go. I have been with Dish for about 10 of the past 12 years. Its been a big day for me .01 for Cinamax and a 622 DVD R next week. I just hope I can get the rebate. I feel better since I called the number you gave. Thanks for the help

Why does Dish have specials and not advertise them? The tech I talked to asked where I heard of the Christmas gifts from Dish and I told him Satelliteguys.us. That really baffles me - what is the point of offering specials and not letting their customers know about them? They have my email address so it seems that it would be easy to mail all that are eligible know.

Why does Dish have specials and not advertise them? The tech I talked to asked where I heard of the Christmas gifts from Dish and I told him Satelliteguys.us. That really baffles me - what is the point of offering specials and not letting their customers know about them? They have my email address so it seems that it would be easy to mail all that are eligible know.
Its common practice for every company to do this, I got a good look at a service reps computer screen at my local charter cable office and found that there were a handful of cheaper package options for my charter telephone down to $14.99 a month. Two weeks ago I came across a sales add on charters liveitwithcharter.com website where you could get a bundle of net/phone/tv for $69.97 a month for 12 months but it is only advertised on one other site and is mostly handled on call ins for new service. Charter has variations of this package and is aiming towards satellite users who are still in a contract so they'll sell you the net and phone package for $29.99 a month for 12.

Wow - 2 for 2 this week - first Cinemax for a penny and now a new 722 for $49 (less $10 if I return my old 501)! Thanks to hdhead and ddgtomahawk for the inside scoops (and the inside phone number) - also thanks to this forum as I agree to previous post regarding how we would have found out about these two deals with them. I'll wait for E* to get their new birds in the air and add additional HD channels - I'm certainly not ready to jump ship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts