Christmas Music on Sirius or DISH???

dougruss, I'm like you, please don't start the Christmas joy until at least December. I know buy the time its actually Christmas I have had to much of Jolly o' Saint Nick and rudolph and snow men and songs and presents and sweets!!! Its just not as exciting as when you were young. If I had children it wouldn't be all that bad, I would be excited for them but it's just me and the parents. Yah!!!!

Funny, when I turned off Dish last night for bed, ch 982 was playing Elvis' "If I Get Home On Christmas Day". This morning, I turned it on again, and it was playing that again! I thought, uh-oh, do they only have 3 CDs? !sadroll Heh...

The first night it was on, there were three different tunes by Doris Day in one hour. At 52, I'm not old enough for that!!!

Pepper said:
It is even available on previously activated receivers with no current package at all.

sort of....needs a yellow card

my 301 with a yellow card will get it
the 5000 with the blue card gets the channel but nothing (black screen)...which is weird since FTA receivers can get it

You were right No relegious music on 982

When is sirius planning on coming out with there holiday channel?

dlarruso said:
When is sirius planning on coming out with there holiday channel?

Sirius holiday channels is on now.Their main one is on Starlite channel 6002 and this year they have a Country Music Holiday Channel on roadhouse Channel 6062 so they have 2 this year.That's 3 channels of Christmas music in all with dishes channel.

Pepper said:
It is even available on previously activated receivers with no current package at all.

Is this available on ALL Dish Satellites, for ALL packages. Somehow I don't think so. I'm pointed at 61.5 and I don't get it there at all.

ddrizn said:
Is this available on ALL Dish Satellites, for ALL packages. Somehow I don't think so. I'm pointed at 61.5 and I don't get it there at all.
umm what E* package are you getting just pointed at 61.5???

Pepper said:
If they continue the "politically correct" trend as in the past few years, any Christmas songs with overtly religious lyrics will only be instrumental. Guess they don't want to "offend" anybody by admitting that Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ.

The Dish music channels used to be (and probably still are) Muzak channels. When I used to work for a supermarket chain, our stores that subscribed to Muzaks' multi-channel service received a satellite dish and a musak/echostar receiver that had a little led channel display and a channel up/down switch that just tuned through 30 or so different format Musak stations.

In the past, the Dish holiday channel was the same Muzak holiday channel that is pumped into stores and elevators. There have been quite a few previous Christmas times when I've been out shopping at a store or mall and called home to ask the wife a question. I can hear the dish holiday station playing in the background at home and it's the same song exactly in sync with the one on the store's speakers.

That is most likely why they are PC. They (Musak) are trying to provide holiday music for the masses (no pun intended) while minimizing the complaints they or their retail customers receive from the few people who are easily offended by just about everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)