Ciel 2 - ILS Site Active

Good news!

The Breeze M's second burn has been completed successfully.
The third burn will start in about two hours. Once the third
burn concludes, the Breeze M will shutdown and jettison the
additional propellant tank. Moments later, the Breeze M's
4th burn will begin. We'll confirm completion of the 4th
burn as soon as we have official word.

The ILS blog just posted confirming the end of the 1st Breeze burn. If I remember correctly, it was the second burn that failed with AMC14 right?

The Breeze only had three longer burns for AMC-14 and because of the longer burns, something failed thermally. They did some design modifications to the Breeze upper stage but the 5 burn Breeze mission profile significantly reduces the chances of the failure that occurred for AMC-14.

The Breeze only had three longer burns for AMC-14 and because of the longer burns, something failed thermally. They did some design modifications to the Breeze upper stage but the 5 burn Breeze mission profile significantly reduces the chances of the failure that occurred for AMC-14.
Let's keep those fingers crossed until the sat separates from the Breeze-M module. Go Ciel-2.:up

It's all over around 6 p.m. ET, right? As in, final separation and satellite coasting into place?

It's all over around 6 p.m. ET, right? As in, final separation and satellite coasting into place?

That puts it in geostationary transfer orbit. The spacecraft engine will need to fire several times to make the orbit circular and zero inclination and get it to 138W for testing. This will take something like a week to 10 days.

Brad

Ciel II Blog

+ Down to the last burn

Posted by ILS Communications, 12:25 p.m. EST on 10 December 2008 | 0 Comments

The Breeze M has completed its 3rd and 4th burns, and the
additional propellant fuel tank has been jettisoned. The
vehicle is now in a five-hour coasting period. The 5th, and
final, burn will occur at the end of this period. The 5th burn will last about 7 minutes, and about 15 minutes after
that we will have separation of the Ciel II spacecraft.
We'll let you know the mission is complete the moment we
have confirmation.

That puts it in geostationary transfer orbit. The spacecraft engine will need to fire several times to make the orbit circular and zero inclination and get it to 138W for testing. This will take something like a week to 10 days.

Brad

Thank you. I meant at that point we're past the upper stage risk, the one that has gone awry a few times.

About time. They had me worried for a little.

All that's left is one more burn to flatten out the inclination. Even if that fails, I would think it would be more salvageable than AMC-14 at this point.

Last few times I think it was a couple days before we saw the first TLE.

Well, so far it's been all good news. I sincerely hope the last burn and sep goes off without incident...

So. I guess we should see more hd by tommorrow... Friday at the latest.:D

Indeed. Sounds a lot better than the start with AMC-14.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts