Cincinnati 9.3 = Live Well Network

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
May not be new, but it's news to me....

WCP0 Channel 9 (Digital 22) now has two sub-channels instead of one.
9-1 = CBS (HD 9x16)
9-2 = Weather Tracker 9 - 24 local hour weather (SD 4x3) -- Been there almost as long as digital TV has existed
9-3 = Live Well Network (SD - 9x16 full screen) - New (or at least relatively new)

On Superbowl Sunday I was rescanning my cable to make sure there wouldn't be any surprises during the big game (I had my antenna, cable and Dish tuned to the game just in case-- 20 guests and I did not want to worry about that!-- even had Dayton channel peaked in case the local blew up! but I digress). I noticed Lifetime Women ---i[live well network, not lifetime women}--- was in the clear on my lifeline digital cable service. I thought it was a freeview, but since I didn't care I paid no mind.

Today I had to rescan my locals on the Dish receiver. Lo and behold, there was 9.3 LWN right off the air! Interesting. Not that I will ever watch the channel, but it's interesting to see that Hearst wants to push this channel on their OTA property. I went back to the cable and realize now that they have it on 9-3 on the lifeline (cable ready digital service) as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts