Cincinnati HD locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildcats

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
I am in the Cincinnati market. I just noticed that on my guide that I have for my locals channel 12, 12-1, 12-2 , 19 WXIXdt And the other locals have the channel # and 1 2 or 3 etc next to them. No picture just a black screen. Does this mean Cincinnati will be available soon? Any dates if that is what it means?

When you highlight them does it say digital (DBS) or antenna (OTA)? Sounds like those are your OTA listings, not DirecTV listings. Both are merged into the same guide.

12 -1 is CBS
12--2 is WKRC's radar. This is sometimes removed for full HD on 12-1 This will also be the CW network when it launches in September

19 - 1 is Fox 19
19 - 2 is "The Tube" which is sometimes removed for full Fox HD

9-1 is ABC 8
9-2 is Channel 9's weather radar. Same as Warner Cable's weather channel.

5 -1 is NBC 5
5- 2 is NBC Weather Plus

48 does not have a DT mirror of the SD channel. It has PBS HD, and CrEaTe.

Channel 54 has 78 sub-channels it seems. Well, okay only 6 (4 active at any one time) and channel 14 also has 5 sub-channels with 4 active at any one time.

64 doesn't have sub channels.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony,

Thanks for the info. So are you saying they will be available in September? Can I get these channels now if I have an HDTV antana?

I can pick all these HD/Digital sub channelschannels up now with a pair of 20 year-old rabbit ears here in Greenhills.

Your TV, if it has an ATSC (digital) tuner can pick these channels up perfectly if you are just about anywhere in Hamilton, Butler, Warren and Clermont Co OH, Deeborn in Indiana, Boon, Kenton and Campbell in Kentucky. Of course the further you go out from Clifton, (where most of the TV towers are) the better the antenna you need.

I don't know if your HD DirecTV receiver has an ATSC tuner in it. But what may be happening is that, without an antenna, the receiver is getting enough signal for 5, 12 and 19 to read the channel, but not enough signal to show a picture. If you add an antenna (even a cheap rabbit ears) you should be able to get all the locals in HD

As to the "September" comment, it only applies to the new CW Network being carried on channel 12's Digital sub-channel. It had nothing to do with anyone carrying the channel anywhere.

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
Tony,
Thanks for the info. I will be adding some rabbit ears to see if that gives me the channels. They just started showing on the guide within the last few days. I was hoping that meant they were going to be available soon. I am in Kenton county so hopefully I will be able to pick them up for now.
By the way I have the H20 receiver and 5lnb dish.

Thanks
Gary

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.