CINEMA Connection Kit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Is it normal for the Cinema Connection Kit to be hot? It's hot enough that you could burn yourself (if you touch the metal part of the cable wire) if you tried to touch to unscrew the cable that is connected to it.

If that's not normal is the Connection Kit covered by the protection plan?

I've seen the tops melted before. Mine gets hot too but never worried about it. If you wanted is replaced they should send you one. It's covered under the DPP

I just had the worse experience with technical support I've ever had. This is mixing in Cable, E*, and D*.

I asked the guy if it's normal for it to be that hot that if you try and unscrew the cable that connects to the wall outlet within two seconds you can burn yourself on that. He told me it wasn't normal and asked if it's well vented. I told him I've had it in the same place that I've had it since I was hooked up last August. He told me not to worry about. I said that I am worried about it and I'm on the protection plan and I'm paying $6.00 a month to get new equipment when it's not working. He told me to get compressed air and clean out the vent holes on it. There is no vent holes. Then he asked me if I could move it and I said I can but it would be moved onto wood and I don't know if that's a good idea either. So once again he told me he can't send me a replacement because it's not broke because it's not causing me any problems with my D* set up. I said you can burn yourself so it is broke so I asked for his supervisor.

As soon as she got on the phone she said right away it's not normal and that she wants to replace it right away. She even went a step farther and told me to unplug it because it's not safe. The only thing she had to check on was whether it was still under the one year warranty or if I had to use the protection plan. So by Tuesday I'll getting a new Wireless Connection Kit. (Which I had wire but she couldn't replace it with the wired one which I don't care about that)

I don't think he knew what part I was talking about. I don't think he knew how to handle my problem because he said ummm like every other word. I had to get a little mean with him before he would even try to do anything about it. He acted like he personally had to buy me the new part.

Not surprised. They tweak whenever something has to be sent out :)

If he acted like the supervisor or at least asked her if he could replace before just saying don't worry about it I wouldn't of been as upset. I do have a 3 month old at home and before you know he'll be up and moving and I was more worried about that or it causing a fire in general.

andrewj0781 said:
I just had the worse experience with technical support I've ever had. This is mixing in Cable, E*, and D*.

I asked the guy if it's normal for it to be that hot that if you try and unscrew the cable that connects to the wall outlet within two seconds you can burn yourself on that. He told me it wasn't normal and asked if it's well vented. I told him I've had it in the same place that I've had it since I was hooked up last August. He told me not to worry about. I said that I am worried about it and I'm on the protection plan and I'm paying $6.00 a month to get new equipment when it's not working. He told me to get compressed air and clean out the vent holes on it. There is no vent holes. Then he asked me if I could move it and I said I can but it would be moved onto wood and I don't know if that's a good idea either. So once again he told me he can't send me a replacement because it's not broke because it's not causing me any problems with my D* set up. I said you can burn yourself so it is broke so I asked for his supervisor.

As soon as she got on the phone she said right away it's not normal and that she wants to replace it right away. She even went a step farther and told me to unplug it because it's not safe. The only thing she had to check on was whether it was still under the one year warranty or if I had to use the protection plan. So by Tuesday I'll getting a new Wireless Connection Kit. (Which I had wire but she couldn't replace it with the wired one which I don't care about that)

I don't think he knew what part I was talking about. I don't think he knew how to handle my problem because he said ummm like every other word. I had to get a little mean with him before he would even try to do anything about it. He acted like he personally had to buy me the new part.

Wow... THAT is the worst experience with technical support you've ever had??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)