Cinemagic getting pulled from XM Satellite Radio on 7/1

This is the last steak into the heart of what was XM Satellite Radio.

Cinemagic was a channel unlike no other.

It passes and joins other magical channels that only real satellite radio could offer... it joins channels like Special X, On The Rocks and even Sirius's Vacation as the unique channels which are no longer with us. :(

Mel has KILLED everything that was great about Satellite Radio. SiriusXM now is FM Radio without commercials.

Cinemagic

On July 1st, Cinemagic is moving off XM Satellite Radio -- it will be a special channel available full-time as part of SiriusXM Internet Radio and our mobile apps.

Our flagship interview program Reel Time - featuring interviews with directors, producers, and actors - is moving to channel 104, SiriusXM Stars Too on both XM and on Sirius. Reel Time will air Thursdays from 6:00pm-7:00pm ET, Fridays from 9:00pm-10:00pm ET, and Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00pm-2:00pm ET. We will also be adding a special weekly classic movie score show to SiriusXM Pops on channel 75 later this summer, again both on XM and Sirius.

If its like any of their channels that were pulled off the satellite and just put online its just going to be the channel put on shuffle play with no thought or care put into its operation.

That kinda sucks, I enjoyed listening to that channel...Not all the time, but the way this crap is going might as well listen to FM radio and listen to commercials. Tired of them gutting this service. Also as a side note, why should we have to pay for internet radio when we pay for the content already...especially when you can get free radio on-line all over the place. (just keeps getting worse) Will be glad when my subscription is up and I cancel. Good riddens XM radio.

Not that this is the final straw for me, but since I got my iPhone 4, I really have no need for my Sirius/XM subscription. For the last 2 years, I've called and tried to cancel. And each time, the will offer me a promotion, say free 3 months service or $15 for 6 months, and they'll throw in phone/internet for nothing. I have agreed each time, but now I usually listen to Tunein radio on my iPhone. I will miss Howard Stern, which is the only thing I won't be able to get with an app. Thanks for the info!!

This is the last steak into the heart of what was XM Satellite Radio.

Cinemagic was a channel unlike no other.

It passes and joins other magical channels that only real satellite radio could offer... it joins channels like Special X, On The Rocks and even Sirius's Vacation as the unique channels which are no longer with us. :(

Mel has KILLED everything that was great about Satellite Radio. SiriusXM now is FM Radio without commercials.
With sports. The only reason why I now keep XM is to be able to listen to all baseball games. If they no longer broadcast baseball, then I no longer sub to them

Same here. When they did the channel 'reshuffle' it seems they changed the music that was on each channel too. Now it seems like they come into the office every few weeks, select about 3 hours worth of music and then tell the computer to loop it.... I used to listen to it as background music all day long at work. Now, it's gotten to the point where I can tell what the next song is going to be because they've played the same thing..

Too bad because it used to be good when they were separate companies... More proof that competition is good for the consumer.

With sports. The only reason why I now keep XM is to be able to listen to all baseball games. If they no longer broadcast baseball, then I no longer sub to them

I just renewed my subscription for 1/2 price.......I used to listen to NASCAR, :mad: it went away....when they take Big 10 and Pac 10 Football away I will cancel for sure :rant: at least for now I can listen to ML Baseball, I guess they feel that paying for scum like Howard and Oprah, etc. etc. is more cost effective.:confused:
I actually turned my FM radio on in my P/U was really surprised that I was able to receive K-Earth101 FM better than the local Mexican based station across the border. :eek:
wtf.gif
Also was able to receive a couple of talk radio programs that I listen to on XM......maybe it's time to say good bye to the "Truckin'Bozo" & Radio Classics and time for Sirius/XM to go away for good. :coffee

Same here. When they did the channel 'reshuffle' it seems they changed the music that was on each channel too. Now it seems like they come into the office every few weeks, select about 3 hours worth of music and then tell the computer to loop it.... I used to listen to it as background music all day long at work. Now, it's gotten to the point where I can tell what the next song is going to be because they've played the same thing..

Too bad because it used to be good when they were separate companies... More proof that competition is good for the consumer.

Yes we were traveling in our RV...Left San Diego, by the time we got to Victorville we had heard the same song three times on 60's on 6. We changed to Willie's Roadhouse as they call it now, when I started listen to XM it was Hank's Place, go figure? When we got to Bishop we had heard Tammy Winnette sign Divorce twice. That sucks it never used to be that way before the merge and now the upgrade.

Now another channel I listed to gone. XM had stations regular radio didn't. Now it's mostly no better with the exception of very few stations. If i could get reliable internet radio on my car, then goodbye XM. Any ideas for internet radio in the car?

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.

Now another channel I listed to gone. XM had stations regular radio didn't. Now it's mostly no better with the exception of very few stations. If i could get reliable internet radio on my car, then goodbye XM. Any ideas for internet radio in the car?
I have an iPad 2 and a Ram Mount which is shown below.

Internet everywhere I go. I am thinking of canceling XM in my truck now because with this I don't need XM.

ramb3161ap8iu1.jpg

I have the evo 4g and car mount but internet in car isn't great everywhere. That's the issue with listening to internet radio vs XM.

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.

It works great for everywhere I travel on a regular basis... but if I have reception issues because of lack of internet, I have my 25,000 song music collection with me on my iPad as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)